1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Warmoth Unfinished Ultralight Roasted Swamp Ash P-Bass Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Willicious, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    Price:
    $320.00
    Up for sale is a Warmoth Unfinished Roasted Swamp Ash P-Bass body. I purchased this directly from Warmoth's showcase back in September 2016, and it has sat in my studio in the factory box since then. I simply went a different direction with my P-Bass builds. NOTE: This sale is for the body only. The other components shown (neck, bridge, pickups, pickguards, etc.) are not for sale.

Deets:
    • Roasted Swamp Ash, factory sanded and ready for finishing — Warmoth video for more info
    • Gorgeous two-piece construction, beautifully matched grain
    • Ultra light weight: 3lbs. 5oz.; with lightweight tuners, a thin clear nitro finish, and average P-Bass hardware, I'd guesstimate this body will build into a complete bass that tips the scales in the 7 to 7-1/2 pounds range
    • Standard Warmoth / standard Fender mounting holes for bridge, pickups, neck mounting, etc.
    • For those who are squeamish about finishing, this body could be easy to finish in a number of ways — wipe-on shellac, wipe-on poly, or I'd go for a nice thin-skin clear nitro with no grain filling, etc. — like Fender's current FSR roasted ash '58 P-Basses. Just let the texture of the grain do its thing.
    • Color is a warm rich roasted brown; will darken some with application of a finish; see Warmoth video, linked above

Selling this body for what I have in it, plus shipping and insurance.
    $320 firm, shipped CONUS, via either UPS or USPS, with insurance and tracking. PayPal payment only.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Dark Horse, R&B, Inara and 4 others like this.
  2. Acoop

Acoop Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2012
    What a sweet build that'll be. ... What makes the tort, very classic?

3. Willicious

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    The tort pickguard is from Spitfire. Expensive, but worth it.

pudge likes this.
  4. Interesting...

5. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Roasted swamp ash body and a Spitfire pickguard. This is obviously a man of taste who knows what he likes. :thumbsup:

Willicious and eadg98005 like this.
  6. Willicious

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    Indeed. You can 'dress' roasted Ash in a number of ways (gold guard, tort, mint, etc.) and it always looks good.

7. Willicious

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    When I was pulling parts out of my stash for these photos, I wasn't sure how the tort would look. I was pleasantly surprised. And yeah, Spitfire makes killer tort!

40Hz likes this.
  8. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I liked the look of the gold anodized one with that body too.

Like I said: obviously a man of taste. :thumbsup::cool:

Willicious likes this.
  9. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Absolutely stunning!

Willicious likes this.
  10. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    God! This "bod" is nice! With Gotoh Res O Lite tuners, a bent plate bridge, Fender chrome aluminum knobs................this will go below 7 lbs! (Fender used to sell an alloy plate with Corona stamped.)

I wanna buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can buy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I'm tired of building basses and I already got tooooooo many, including a 7 lbs 3 oz P Bass surf green '62 build beauty.

Good luck with the sell! This should have never lasted this long already!

Willicious likes this.
  11. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    PM sent.

12. Willicious

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    You need to share some pics of that surf green P, my friend.

13. Willicious

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    ... and sold!

purpleflyhunter likes this.