1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

warmoth vs musikraft vs usacg

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 77stingray77, Oct 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 77stingray77

77stingray77

Mar 27, 2017
    looking at getting a neck for my jazz bass build

I'm looking for something really light in weight and stable

going with roasted maple and will have MJT finish it

2. MrAtomic

MrAtomic Friendly Robot

Dec 29, 2014
    Austin, TX
    I've only had experience with Musikraft, but I'm extremely happy with the guitar I had built from their parts. They're not great about answering the phone, in my experience, but their communication was fine via email. They were also willing to add some unique touches to my order without charge, and delivered a neck with exceptional flame/figuring. I did have to pay extra for their "lightweight" body option, and it wasn't cheap. That said, it fit the Musikraft body perfectly and the completed guitar (HH Strat with a hardtail bridge and big, CBS-style headstock) weighs comfortably under 7 pounds. So they aren't messing around when they promise a light body.

You also mentioned stability: I know this is anecdotal, and there are a lot of variables at work, but my Musikraft guitar is extremely stable.

Also, it may not be listed on their options list for bass bodies, but they are able to put deeper, 1950s-style contours on Fender bodies. I picked that option for my Strat and it is very comfortable.

I've also heard great things about USACG.

3. The Bass Clef

The Bass Clef is modulating in time. Gold Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Musikraft.

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    For lightweight I’d go usacg...iirc, they use graphite stabilization rods and light weight truss rods to keep weight down. But you could call Tommy and ask.

Warmoth also has an option for the graphite rods. It’s $60 extra but reduces a Fair about of weight

5. 77stingray77

77stingray77

Mar 27, 2017
    I do like warmoths standar jazz neck shape

Are they all the same thickness?

6. JES

JES Supporting Member

Usacg lets you specify depth. Very happy with mine.