Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth wish list

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by florentinepogen, Aug 26, 2003.

1. I've been planning out a Warmoth bass and the frequent visits to their website has sparked my curiosity. What doesn't Warmoth make that you wish they did?

I would love to see:

1 - Rick style bass

2 - 30" and/or 32" bass necks

3 - their guitar custom neck inlay designs available on bass necks

I'm guessing they don't make Rick bodies because they legally can't copy Rick headstocks (the same reason they don't make MM bodies). However, I wonder if enough people would buy paddle headstocks and cut it themself. I really can't see why they wouldn't offer bass neck inlay. I'm sure many customers would spend the extra $$$ and who can resist a J with block inlays anyway.

2. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    -EB stingray body
    -Zon Legacy body

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    A musiclander, the flying V and V2, star and iceman bass bodies, (or just all of the guitar body styles), all available in 4, 5, 6, and 7 string versions, other doubleneck styles, neck through parts, carved tops available for every style, super-contoured heels, individual neck bolts, gecko basses in 4, 7 and 8 string versions, with the gecko inlay optional.

I'm sure many will agree with me. I'd want a Warmoth more if those options were available.

4. Individual neck bolts and 4 string Gecko's sound like great ideas. I think I remember a thread where someone form Warmoth said that the Musiclander is not available as a bass because it would need to be streched out for the bridge to fit correctly. Its a killer shape though.

5. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

- stingray body

- stingray neck/headstock (maybe with a license from EB?)

- sterling body

- spector body/neck (any model!)

- warwick body/neck (again, any model, but preferabbly a streamer)

- G&L L-2000 body

- G&L L-2000 neck

And finally (drum-roll please)... A LOAN SERVICE!!

6. A Bass version of the reversed jackson guitar headstock.

More headstock options for baritone guitars.

Pickguard routing for a wide array of pickups. (not the usual p-pickguard=p-pickup or no routing at all)