1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warmoth Z bass Truss rod access

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Crnovak, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Crnovak

Crnovak Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Frisco, Texas
    Hello

Does anyone have experience with the Warmoth Z bass 5 string? I have assembled the neck and bass to discover that there is not any access for the truss rod on the neck. Do I have a mistake build? or am I to create the route myself.

So if I have to create the access route, is there any instructions available on how to do this? Yes, of course I ordered it painted. Silly now I realize, but somehow I thought that the truss rod access was part of the routing of the bass.

Help appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  2. That's odd because all Warmoths that I've seen have that notch for the truss access at the body. But maybe Z bass is different. I would call Warmoth first. But if you are stuck in doing it by yourself, let me point you to our own Rodent's guide

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8296.0

3. I believe that some of the Warmoth bodies like Z bass, G4, Gecko etc are intended for Warmoths own necks that has truss rod access at the headstock. Therefore they don't route the access in the body. I have this G4 that I build and I just routed a truss rod channel in the body. No big deal...

G4_3.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  4. Crnovak

Crnovak Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Frisco, Texas
    Thank you both. I appreciate your input. Have purchased new router and will be soon rid of this one issue.