Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth????

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    How hard is it to build a warmoth bass? Isn't pretty much all you have to do, bolt the neck on?

2. The nut must be filed and installed, the neck must be bolted on (holes must be drilled in the neck I believe), and the electronics and bridge will have to be installed.

3. IT takes some work, but itll be well worth it

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It depends. You can have one ready for asslembly & if you know how to put in electronics & hardware, it could take a 1/2 hr to build a really great bass. On the other hand, I built a Warmoth bass, I didn't know any of the parts I wanted to use before hand, i.e. bridge, tuning machines. I had to drill the holes for the bridge. I didn't want tham to drill the holes for the cotrols cause they didn't do it the way I asked. I got a Dlx Fender 5 headstock but had it cut to look like a Sadowsky & had to drill the 4+1 holes for the tuning machines. I had an Aguilar OBP-1 pre-amp put in to it w/EMG 40 J's. I must say this is one of the best basses I own & would highly recomend a Warmoth bass. But you have to have some knowledge in building. Good luck.

5. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Is it better than all your spectors? ;)

6. Well if you get the Warmoth Gecko bundle, they basically drill everything and give you everything... you just put it together

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ;)

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I wouldn't say worse. ;)