1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING: Ampeg fliptop content!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dlmarquez, Oct 2, 2008.

1. OK,
    I am in a position as of now to get a new cabinet for my mid-60's vintage Ampeg B-15N amplifier.
    I am considering either a B-15N enclosure or a B-12N enclosure.
    The advantage of the B-12 is portablility, about 55 pounds with the head, vs about 80 pounds for a B-15N with the head.
    The B-15N seems to be the standard, but I don't know if that is simply because so many more of them were sold back when.
    anybody want to give me an evaluation of the B-15N cabinet vs the B-12N cabinet?
    I suppose the 15 is capable of being a bit louder, since its got roughly 175 sq inches of cone surface vs the 12 which has roughly 112 square inches. The 15 should also have a bit more bottom vs a bit more mids/top for the 12.
    For the interim I'll be running the B-15 head thru my avatar neo 112, then later on, when iI finish building it thru a Fitzmaurice omni 10.5 sans peizos.
    So I'm looking for opinions/advice on what cabinet to get to compliment the head...B-15 or B-12, or ???

2. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Look for a b-15 cabinet.
    They do show up every onec and a while.
    I found this empty pair earlier this year.
    View attachment 104497