1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WARNING: Darrin Huff basses: over TWELVE YEARS and still waiting

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    The D Huff Facebook page is going to be closed soon. Hopefully all the TBers owed instruments are on it. Thanks @stacker for mentioning this to me.

d-huff-guitars-.

2. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    A TBer emailed me about updates on the Facebook page regarding refunds. I can't print the screen (anyone else able to?) but has anyone been able to get a refund at all? I'm opening this thread up again.

AltGrendel likes this.
  3. rodneyat

rodneyat Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 10.57.40 AM.

4. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  5. rodneyat

rodneyat Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    It looks like this was still back in March and someone commented in May about what was the status....No surprises there

smperry likes this.
  6. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, agreed.

There's a post on May 23 about refunding a customer, so if that person is here in this thread, please post. But for some reason, I'm skeptical.

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Stuff he posts has a tendency to disappear. It happened in the various forums he hosted, and now in the FB group. This is the latest post I see:

dhuffgroup.

EDIT: I got the page confused with the group. The latter is closed to those who have ordered basses.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  8. stacker

stacker Banned

Feb 24, 2010
    scotland
    Didn't he close the group to customers only??

9. stacker

stacker Banned

Feb 24, 2010
    scotland
    Seems that page is still active!

10. gwangi

gwangi

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    I honestly don't know why I read this thread, it get's me depressed and I'm not one of the unfortunate victims.

Imaginary Pony likes this.
  11. Does he honestly still think that anyone believes a single word out of his mouth at this point? His tone is still awfully smug for somebody who stole thousands of dollars from people over a decade ago and he's still peddling the same tired story and continues to give people false hope. Despicable.

12. Mental illness aint fun for anyone

13. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    I posted this in the Dr. Bass cab sticky, but it's just as relevant here:

To anyone new to this thread:

Please do not blame the victims and do not think that every effort was not made to recoup losses. This is not a "whiny baby" thread, this is an attempt to put the word out that there's a strong potential to get burned if you deal with this guy.

14. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Truth!

15. Fuzzbass

I posted a "what's up?" in the DHuffGuitars closed group and Darrin replied that I should e-mail or text him directly, so I e-mailed him the specifics of my order ($$$ paid up front in particular) for his review and confirmation. He e-mailed me back within a couple of hours: no comment at all on my specifics; in short, he said that his plan was to pay everyone back by sometime in 2017.

Just posting the update here without further comment.

smperry likes this.
  16. scarswebare

scarswebare

Jun 2, 2016
    I just recently bought a bass Darrin made from someone on Ebay. Looking at the quality, I am very excited to receive the bass. The work he's done obviously gave him a reputation of a quality builder in the beginning. However, today, I stumbled across this forum and am incredibly shocked! Hope he makes good on what he says cause that's some BS! Seems like he was once all about making bass guitars but lost the passion for it and is hiding behind a lot of excuses. Maybe I'm wrong but you don't take people's money like that!

Sorry to hear you guys are going through this!

Fuzzbass likes this.
  17. Fuzzbass

Congrats on your DHuff. And thanks for the support, but don't let the builder's bad behavior affect your enjoyment of the bass.

I'm a little curious to know whether yours was truly a pre-owned bass, or one of the ones Darrin built within the past few years that was sold brand new by proxy outside of his waiting list, under various pretenses. You probably don't know -- if not, don't worry about it. But post some pictures if you can, I'd love to see your bass. As you say, he does great work (when he gets around to it).

eldoryder likes this.
  18. stacker

stacker Banned

Feb 24, 2010
    scotland
    You just bought one and suddenly found this forum?

19. BadJazz

BadJazz Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    That's the point of this stickied post. It shows up second when anyone googles his name.

AltGrendel, smperry and Fuzzbass like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.