1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses / Zeller Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    He's a carrot dangler alright, to put it mildly.

ajkula66 likes this.
  2. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Tomorrow is 15th of May. But I guess after the 5th of April announcement, Fuzzbass may not be getting a birthday present from DH.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  3. Bottom 4

Bottom 4 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2018
    New Jersey
    I’ve been reading this thread for over a year with amazement! I apologize up front if this has been mentioned, I haven’t read every post...

I think all those impacted by this guy should coordinate a guys/girls weekend and go visit the SOB (assuming you know where he is) and let him look you all in the eyes. It won’t get you your bass but you may get some redemption from it...

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

15th of May was when all backordered basses were supposed to be done. Actual number completed (drumroll): zero.

Ok, we're a day early, but I think this assumption is about the safest ever made.

Pendulous likes this.
  5. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    Sad to say, but I bet your assumption is like you said, "about the safest ever made"

6. Fuzzbass

Are any guitars going out the door? Haven't seen any evidence of that. Speaking of which: looks like he's built/is building a guitar for himself. I wonder how the guitar customers feel about that? I suppose it wouldn't register if they are blissfully unaware of the overdue basses.

We bass purchasers are all too accustomed to him doing everything except working on our basses.

RudyTardy likes this.
  7. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    He posted this pic back on Dec 11th
    _02.

And this one yesterday...
    _01.

Same guitar, same towel, same picture. He took the one from December, cropped it and adjusted the color.
    Probably safe to say that all those guitar orders he had back in November are not going to be getting filled anytime soon either, if ever.

8. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Spokane Washington

9. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I love this guy. He turned me. I'm team DH. Between his people pleasing ways and appreciation for the preciousness of time. Just a wonderful person.

Apolicious, scuzzy and Garret Graves like this.
  10. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don't know how face book works. Can this be posted with dates on his page for everyone to see or does he control that?

11. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    Here are screenshots with the dates from his facebook page.

14 hours ago, so no date yet. It has to be up 24 hrs before it will get an actual date.
    Right above the pic on the left corner - says 14 hours ago
    _01.

Dec 11th
    Date is again right above the pic, upper left corner.
    _02.

Dec 11th, this is when you view the actual photo, date is upper right corner
    _03.

EDITED
    went back and found it again from Sept 2018
    _004.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Pendulous, Fuzzbass and Garret Graves like this.
  12. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    If he's not making any claims about that most recent picture, he will just say he put it up because he thinks it's a nice shot, or something like that. Does he specifically say this is a guitar he's currently working on?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  13. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    He said he was working on it last December, and again back in September as well. In his latest post he says nothing, just the pic, on his business page. On his personal page I think it is, he says "Mine"

Pbassmanca likes this.
  14. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Christ, he works wonders with wood! Why can't he care for his customers in the same way he works with wood: with care, passion, and attention?

Pbassmanca and Fuzzbass like this.
  15. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    No doubt, he has some mad woodworking skillz, when he feels like it. Wish I could make wood look like that.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  16. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    From his personal page:

d_huff_time.

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one...

charlie_murphy_laugh.

17. Seems this guy has found a way to make some easy money. He keeps doing this and no one does anything to stop him.

18. Plake

Plake Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Just a total POS. Feel bad for all his victims. :rage:

Rob Martinez and Pbassmanca like this.
  19. Fuzzbass

Yes.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  20. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    I feel sorry for you, mate, being dangled by him in this manner.

Happy Birthday, anyway, Fuzzbass. Here's a bass for your birthday!
    IMG_1180.

Attached Files: