1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses / Zeller Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    I had to go look and see it with my own eyes. Un friggin' believable.
    I think it's pretty obvious after almost 20 years, when it comes to customers he practices IDGAF religiously.
    He sure didn't need a book to teach him that. He's well practiced and versed in it already.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2019 at 12:50 AM
    Fuzzbass, Pbassmanca and Pendulous like this.
  2. He has humongous nads that’s for sure. Anyone with a sheep farm available to change that? hehe

Pbassmanca likes this.
  3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I wonder if any of this weighs on him. The way credit card debt weighs you down and is always on your mind, or if he's just moving along in the world happy with his place in it. I'm guessing he sleeps very well.

Pbassmanca and J_Bass like this.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Thank you. :) And it arrived by the 5/15 deadline! Which is Darrin's birthday, not mine, but my birthday was less than a month ago so I'm happy to accept the gift.

And yes, today is the day that all overdue basses were to be completed, but to no one's surprise, none of them were. I wonder if Darrin even remembers he made that promise -- it was to me via e-mail, so I doubt it.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  5. nbsipics

nbsipics It's the Bass that makes them Dance Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Ongoing ouch. Not good.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Maybe he mistook the ides of May for the ides of March.

7. That's amazing. I don't have a dog in this fight, but man, If ever someone deserved a good ol' fashioned butt whippin', it's this guy. I fully believe in Kharma (I've seen it in action) and this guy will get his one day. I hope one of you who have been screwed are there to witness it.

Wow. Just wow.

BnB

Pbassmanca, Robus and J_Bass like this.
  8. He sure is good at posting photos of bits and pieces of guitars and basses. He just can't seem to get a photo of a completed instrument.

Pbassmanca and J_Bass like this.
  9. slapshot

slapshot

Dec 22, 2018
    I just looked at the BBB website. D Huff Guitars has a AAA rating, and no complaints filed. I haven't made it past page 10, but I thought many people had filed complaints.

StayLow and Pbassmanca like this.
  10. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I have a lot of experience with the BBB. Any business can get a good rating if they pay for it.

11. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    So that's where everybody's money went to, the BBB!!!!

12. Valsmere

Valsmere Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2018
    southern NJ
    I am amazed that this guy is flaunting his b.s. I am curious is there a running total of how much money he has taken from people?

13. Josh Kneisel

Josh Kneisel

Jun 17, 2016
    Arizona
    Every so often I check here to see if anyone has gotten their basses... I am simultaneously surprised and not surprised everytime I check. Been following since like 2 years ago... I am astounded at and appalled at how long this has gone on

14. Fuzzbass

And now there are guitar customers in the queue. Haven't seen any evidence that he's completed any guitars, either.

Rob Martinez likes this.
  15. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Don't forget the buy a t-shirt and win a guitar contest, he announced the winner of that back in late June. Not a paying customer per se, but hey, he's now owed an instrument like everyone else. That's if there was an actual winner. I figure DH probably just made up a name and threw it out there. But there has yet to be any pics of that winning guitar even being started. The dude has definitely turned all of this into a scam. It may have started out as being in over his head, but it's way beyond that now.

Novarocker and Mark 63 like this.
  16. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

To be honest, Everytime I see an update to this thread from you, I feel hope that there is a possible positive outcome. Only to see just how messed up this dude is, and how it reflects on society.
    He should start a go fund me :(

Novarocker, Duder and S-Bigbottom like this.
  17. Pet Politics

Pet Politics My real name is Michael, but how exciting is that?

Nov 14, 2007
    Burbank, CA
    So, where does the guitar winner fall into the queue?

I follow Zeller on Facebook and he seems to be making more headway there, than he is on the basses.

18. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    It has the appearance of progress, but if you look closely, it seems to be recycled pictures of the same, non-progressing guitars over months of time. It's impressive in the worst way.

ImaStupidBaby likes this.
  19. Fuzzbass

Over the past decade-and-a-half-plus, Darrin has had numerous phases where he's announced "I've resolved most of my many challenges and have opened up time for building basses". He'll then post progress photos, but they are often of busy work: carved wooden knobs, machined bridge pieces. Note: I've told him that I'm perfectly fine with metal knobs and a Hipshot bridge, but he has to do things his own way. So yeah, the small stuff is necessary, but the usual result is lots of pictures of knobs and saddles, relatively few of woodwork. That continues for a bit, but then some drama reappears and he falls off the radar again.

I mention this because the latest update I saw from him (don't remember which page; he has a personal one plus Huff and Zeller businesses) was of roller saddles for guitar bridges. (I think. It was small metal parts). Whatever they were, my first thought was "I've seen this movie before, many times".

20. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Huff just posted this on his FB page saying.....

There will be news here later this week.

Went up 42 minutes ago.

Attached Files:

Fuzzbass likes this.