1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses / Zeller Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    You do know there is no place in this thread for this type of comment, right?

ruju, Hank Scorpio, Bottom 4 and 7 others like this.
  2. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    I know. That's why some folks are still waiting for instruments after almost 20 years and DH gets away with his nonsense. So don't worry. I won't say anything offensive any more.

DrMole likes this.
  3. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic

Mar 20, 2011
    Spokane, Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    Odd use of the word "waiting."

Garret Graves likes this.
  4. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    Not really.

5. pigpen1

pigpen1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Thanks for the information. I know there was the public facebook page for a while and some of the photos looked so close to finished. Any way best of luck.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  6. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    You sound like someone who has a better idea of how to deal with this. Do tell.

7. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    Sounds like some are getting upset because I suggested people who ordered basses almost two decades ago will never see a bass from a thief who still, it appears, is deceiving people.

I'm not the problem here. Don't even try taking your frustrations out on me.

DrMole likes this.
  8. gln1955

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I can only assume that you, like so many others who drop in here, have not read even small part of the thread.

9. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    You assumed wrong. I have been following this thread for some time. You need to read before you react.

10. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    If this is the case, then you would know better than to insult the people who are waiting. I am curious though, where did you imply that you had read the thread? Was it before or after you took the shot at people who are waiting?

11. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    I did not insult anyone. Get your facts straight. I said what A LOT of people are thinking. If, after I put 25% down on ANYTHING and after 18 years have not had the product delivered, most reasoning people would tell me I am not getting what I ordered. If you know how to work a computer, you can look back and see I have been following this thread.

Don't know why some of you deem yourselves the little protectors of those who have been robbed. It is obvious they can handle it themselves. What I said is what any real friend would tell someone in that situation. And probably already have.

Robus and DrMole like this.
  12. Why are you making this thread all about yourself? Chillax Robby.

13. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    I have my facts completely straight and clearly plenty of other people agree with me. You are not a real friend to these people and have CLEARLY not read what the people waiting have said many many times over the years. You are just another in a long line of people who come in this thread and act like what they are saying is the first time someone has said it. Well, you're not.

14. gln1955

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Since you have read the thread, you must realize that the people who have ordered from DH are well aware of their situation and prospects. That is not the point of continuing this thread.

DiabolusInMusic and Rob Martinez like this.
  15. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    There are reasons why most people don’t say what most people are thinking...

ajkula66, Rob Martinez and scuzzy like this.
  16. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    The problem is that your original comment was needless, pointless and (especially) thoughtless.

17. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    Ha! I really hit a nerve here.

I deleted the scary comment.

rocmonster likes this.
  18. DrMole

DrMole Supporting Member

I don't know...
    Have personally read EVERY post on this thread.
    A poster that speculates that many- if not all- who have been waiting 10+ years will not get their instrument should not be considered insulting. Offense is taken not given and the preponderance of evidence CLEARLY shows that no one is getting a bass.

I have felt horrible for people who have paid LARGE deposits and have made plans for a beautiful instrument, yet never received them ...(italics) after a DECADE.

If this were ANY other industry (other than government) Huff would be in jail.
    Who does that serve?
    Truly an irrelevant question.

I have no suggestions because I have no dog in the fight so of course could not possibly have an opinion on this situation-
    This is only special here because we are talking basses. Again...any other industry...

No doubt that whatever methods have been tried, attempted, considered or threatened-
    One thing for certain:

Not ONE has had ANY positive effect on this situation for ANY CUSTOMER.

nomaj likes this.
  19. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic

Mar 20, 2011
    Spokane, Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    Do you know why it's insulting? I'll explain it. It's in the word "waiting." It implies the people here are expecting to get what they are waiting for, like anybody else who has ordered anything else is waiting for their product and expecting to receive it. I don't know of anyone here who hasn't realistically given up hope of ever receiving the instrument they paid for. They've moved on with their expectations, so they aren't "waiting" any more, and haven't been for quite some time.

Then to add insult to insult, the comment strongly suggested that the victims' willingness to wait and umbrage taken at thoughtless comments were the reason why Huff is still getting away with his scams. So it's the victims' fault Huff is doing what he's doing.

So yeah, it was insulting.

20. DrMole

DrMole Supporting Member

Fair enough.
    Apologies-though was just questioning why someone ELSE'S post seemed so insulting- again I HAVE read every single post and followed nearly every outside link.

I would not personally find it insulting, having been in a somewhat similar, yet far less ridiculous (from a time standpoint) situation.

Again, as previously stated- the customers have suffered. The luthier is a fraud and criminal.

Edit:
    To be fair and clear; any issues with this thread are with the vague supporters of the luthier- none whom have been customers- at least in past 3-4 years.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019