1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses / Zeller Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    If he half-assed the overdue basses that would be more than what's he done to this point.

I know your aggravation, just in a different way. I've had a few people here and there stiff me for money for work I have done for them. And the funny thing is, when it's all added up, the amount over the years is close to about what DH owes in unbuilt basses, before interest. I'll never see a penny of it.

It makes you mad when it happens, and it makes you mad when you see it happen to others. You might as well have worked for DH for free, same difference. You had to work for the money you gave him, and you got nothing in return. And in your case, he got a bass out of you too on top of all else he's done. Guess you could say he's gotten two basses out of you. The one you traded, and the one he still owes you.

What a piece of work. Surely karma will catch up with him someday. I just hope will all live long enough to see it.

Runnerman, scuzzy and Fuzzbass like this.
  2. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    It occurs to me this thread has now been active for 13.5 years, with the first post complaining about a nine year delay?

It seems incredible to me that anyone would expect anything at this point.

nibs208 and Sam Dingle like this.
  3. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    I don't think anyone really expects anything at this point, even though you never know. He could, by some miracle, deliver a bass, leaving something like 19 more to go.

What I find incredible is that he is still around and promising to deliver on basses he has owed for almost 2 decades all the while trying to rebrand himself and make guitars. The guy never stops.

If he spent as much time working on basses as he does coming up with plans of grandeur and being a world renowned luthier, while dodging those that he owes, he'd be pretty successful.

Instead he's a waste of oxygen.

4. Trouztrouz

Trouztrouz

Feb 6, 2013
    NoVA
    I think it really says something that, in the context of Darin Huff, 19 undelivered bases would qualify as a miracle.

Gunga Din likes this.
  5. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    I think it really says something to the context of people's patience and their ability to turn the other cheek, that after almost two decades and thousands of dollars in basses paid for but not delivered, that he's still wasting oxygen.

6. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    Surely to pay off debt, no doubt....
    Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.26.50 PM.png

7. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    One of his final scroll basses? So where are all the completed ones at?
    Screenshot_20191203-213858.png

Pbassmanca likes this.
  8. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    So...... who ordered a headless scroll bass?
    I'm guessing the answer is "Nobody" and that this "final" scroll bass has nothing to do with basses that have already been paid for.

Pbassmanca and Garret Graves like this.
  9. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggbassplayer.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    It’s probably going to be- ‘Hey your Bass is done, and guess what- it’s headless!’

10. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    What happened to the ones he threatened to use as firewood?

Sam Dingle likes this.
  11. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    Maybe he used them as firewood and that's why he's down to his final scroll bass.

rocmonster likes this.
  12. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    No head = no “Huff” branding.
    Since his name is mud, maybe headless means “Zeller” headless bass...

13. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Let's not put the cart before the horse. It's just a picture of a bridge with tuning machines. I'll believe it's a complete bass when I see a picture of complete bass.

pcake, 80jazz, Sam Dingle and 5 others like this.
  14. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    At least he isn't blaming god for the change.
    Wasn't there a builder who told his client that "god" told him to change the specs of a custom prepaid bass?

Pbassmanca and Garret Graves like this.
  15. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    That's it. Headless, neckless and bodyless. Just like all of his other backordered basses.

Ophiothrix, kesslari, BadJazz and 7 others like this.
  16. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Now, where's @Robus with his Dr. Suess line about "No head, no face, not now, not ever, or anyplace. No bass, no treble, no sound to be found. No pots, no knobs, you've all been robbed."

;-)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    IamGroot, BadJazz, Gunga Din and 6 others like this.
  17. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggbassplayer.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Yes! Warrior basses did that! Ha! That is another builder who has multiple horror stories here on TB

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  18. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    The lyrics to a very depressing song in the making?

19. Robus

Robus

Aug 25, 2013
    Chicago Area
    Hey guys, I just popped in to say....oh, wait. He covered it.

kesslari, Fuzzbass, ajkula66 and 5 others like this.
  20. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Seriously? Is that documented on TB??