1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses / Zeller Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Kubicki Fan

Kubicki Fan

Oct 3, 2014
    Canada
    Back at ya, have a blast!!

2. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  3. LOL I put this totally on the wrong thread. Must need more coffee. Deleted but, yeah, Merry Christmas everyone!

S-Bigbottom and Reedt2000 like this.
  4. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Any news on the Huffmeister's progress? Or lack thereof?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Most recent progress pics have been of guitars. I don't know whether that means he's finishing some incomplete builds or that he actually owes some guitars. On 12/17 there was also a post about turning a mahogany mantel into "6-8 guitar and bass necks".

Pbassmanca and scuzzy like this.
  6. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

LMAO.....

7. Pbassmanca

I think that would be a huge relief for everyone including Huff.....

8. Trouztrouz

Trouztrouz

Feb 6, 2013
    NoVA
    Unless he also owns a piece of holly with a phoenix feather core, I really don't think this is going to happen.

9. Ukko

Ukko

May 28, 2007
    He has no intention of finishing anything, and he never did.

Robus likes this.
  10. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    I suspect he owes some guitars. Remember way back in Nov of 2018, that he posted on FB that he had two batches of bodies made up for guitars and that they were all spoken for. He also posted in that same post that if one of the guitar bodies was yours that you needed to be getting him the deposit if you hadn't already. And of course this was after he had said that he would not be taking any orders, or any money from anyone, only building guitars to sell.

So he's having to go find wood to make necks for instruments he already owes for? Guess that means he didn't use money he got to buy the wood he needed for necks in the first place. But then we already know he didn't use any of the deposit money he's gotten over the last 20 years for the basses that money was intended for anyway.

Just surprised he would post something that someone might pick up on that something is amiss. But then he probably did it as a "Hey, look at me, I'm cool cause I'm recycling a fireplace mantel into necks" while leaving out the part that he really needs necks because he has owed for basses that were paid for, for the last 20 years. And probably owes for guitars that he took deposits on a little over a year ago.

But then nothing DH does I think really surprises anyone anymore except for any new victims, I mean guitar buyers.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  11. Pbassmanca

I feel like Mr. Huff represents the ultimate example of robbing Peter to pay Paul..... but in some kind of sick , twisted , never ending time loop that never gets resolved! :bored:

Gunga Din and Runnerman like this.
  12. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    That about sums it up.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  13. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Please, if you're going to post in this thread, stay on topic.

14. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Thanks for the cleanup

JeroB666, mikew31, ak56 and 2 others like this.
  15. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Eh, I'm not sure it's a desperation move. I think he got the mantel from a friend, so my hunch is that the guy thought it would be neat if it was turned into instruments instead of tossed into the landfill.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  16. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    It would have turned into compost in the landfill quicker than it will probably be turned into necks

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Nez4, Pbassmanca, Novarocker and 9 others like this.
  17. TylerJ

TylerJ Trying to find the elusive Brown Note Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Virginia
    I've been following this thread for a while now and I am angry for you guys who paid up for a bass and having been waiting YEARS to get your instrument.

I know that if I gave a builder a couple grand and had a contract with that builder to deliver an instrument within a certain window (and within reasonable, and agreed upon, moving deadlines if necessary), I'd be seeking legal recourse. So those of you out the money and who haven't sued him, you're better people than I am.

18. mikew31

mikew31 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Superior, WI
    The only thing that would happen if you sue him is you would spend more money on a lawyer and still receive nothing when you win the suit. He has nothing to pay.

19. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    If you have been following this thread for years, you should have read numerous times why legal recourse is a dead end. Do we really need to rehash that again?

Gunga Din, JeroB666, BadJazz and 9 others like this.
  20. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Here are some possible solutions offered so far in this thread:

1. Sue him
    2. Break his kneecaps
    3. Sue him but really mean it
    4. Hire someone to break his kneecaps
    5. Go back in time and don't pay him
    6. Transport yourself to the alternate dimension where he has fulfilled all obligations, and isn't quite as mentally ill
    7. Take up the ukelele