1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses / Zeller Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. TylerJ

TylerJ Trying to find the elusive Brown Note Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Virginia
    My apologies; I couldn't remember the content of all 3900 posts before I made mine.

EDIT--no snark intended, I genuinely forgot that it had been discussed.

2. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Of these options uke is by far the most affordable and it gives you something to do while you wait... win win!

:smug:

Pbassmanca likes this.
  3. dramatwist

dramatwist

Sep 27, 2019
    It's all a hose job. Truly sympathetic to anyone who got sucked into this rabbit hole. Buyer beware.

Ukko, Pbassmanca and Reedt2000 like this.
  4. It's understandable that it's hard to believe someone could get away with criminal behaviour like this for so long, and with seemingly so few consequences. Crime does pay, if you're willing to ignore your conscience. Or don't have one at all.

bound'n'blocked and Pbassmanca like this.
  5. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Feb 26, 2009
    Belgium
    I took up the uke a while back. Does this mean that I have to place an order for a Huff now? :nailbiting:

Novarocker, Pbassmanca and Reedt2000 like this.
  6. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    He’s taking orders for ukulele’s now! Only 50% down!

7. Clem Lushness

Clem Lushness

May 30, 2017
    Australia
    Huff should sponsor an air guitar competition.

8. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

Scrollkulele.....

kesslari and J_Bass like this.
  9. :drool:

Pbassmanca and Reedt2000 like this.
  10. Back on topic, I have a concern that, if he ever does manage to put together the wood for the basses he owes, he will never have the cash on hand to get the hardware and electronics components together to produce working instruments. My original order specified quite expensive electronics, and I don't see that happening (though I would be happy to accept anything decent at this point). I have a fear that he will eventually ask people to lay out cash for some of the missing components (like, either give him the money to order the electronics, or send him the electronics he needs), but given he is so unreliable, I would never actually pay ahead for anything.

Kristjankisi and Pbassmanca like this.
  11. Robus

Robus

Aug 25, 2013
    Chicago Area
    Forget it man.

12. I know what you are saying, but man, that would take a huge set of, well, you know, for him to even ask that.

BnB

Pbassmanca and Gunga Din like this.
  13. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    A better option would be "send me the completed body and neck and I'll drop my own electronics in".

14. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    UK
    but 100% of the 50% down the pan?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  15. Nez4

Nez4

Aug 3, 2019
    maybe his uncle was Bernie M

16. Robus

Robus

Aug 25, 2013
    Chicago Area
    I'm guessing he made up the uncle.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  17. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    You know, the concept of him sending the body with the customer finishing with hardware, electronics, and setup is not a bad idea.

This guy is somewhat of a build genius artist - while at the same time being the Opposite of a Finisher. I bet there are are a number of people with money in this who would take a body from him and call it a day - rather than have nothing. Could be a constructive way to bring some of this to an end. You folks suffering in the game might want to give that some consideration.

18. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    What makes you think he would actually make any bodies?

Robus and EddiePlaysBass like this.
  19. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
    Personally, I don't see him doing anything to right the many wrongs here, but, a "complete" bass minus electronics and hardware would likely be a much easier target for him to hit, expense-wise.

Novarocker likes this.
  20. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Because that I have seen. He Makes lots of stuff. He just can't finish any of it.

When he goes down the rabbit hole of custom fab of the parts, you know it's game over. But, he can do bodies.