1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses / Zeller Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    This post from WrongRobot didn't age well...

Ikkir, Pbassmanca, Novarocker and 2 others like this.
  2. mr. zero

mr. zero

Sep 21, 2001
    Lansdale, PA
    Here's the one that he made and gave to Les Claypool.

skeeter.jpg

Pbassmanca, slowburnaz and Fuzzbass like this.
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

4. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    Wow...... I didn't think he could get any more ridiculous but completely refinishing a finished guitar because he didn't like the shade of green. Here's an idea..... just sell it and put some money towards finishing customer orders! Nah, that'd be sensible.

Clark W, Fuzzbass, Ikkir and 2 others like this.
  5. The iceberg is behind us, the band is playing, and he’s rearranging chairs on deck.

6. Plake

Plake Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    “Help me pick a color!
    I am leaning towards a different shade of green, orange, or maybe a flat....”

How about a nice shade of finishthe#%€£¥$orderspeoplepaidfor? I think that would work.

7. That will make one person happy. :meh:

8. Fuzzbass

From the D Huff Guitars page... let's see if this works, he has embedding turned off.

Edit: doesn't seem to work. It was posted August 1, caption is "Making sawdust, keep following this week.
    Some new ideas being incorporated as well....
    #thefinalrunandmovingon"

It shows a few pix of basses. I'm hoping the one on the left is new; pretty sure the others are not.

scuzzy likes this.
  9. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Alabama
    That would be this post...

Screenshot_20200802-032451.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  10. Fuzzbass

That's the one, thanks! :thumbsup:

Clark W likes this.
  11. Clark W

Clark W Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Alabama
    Yeah the 1st of four on the right with the purple background is from a 2017 "prepping for NAMM" Twitter post, it's just been cropped down.

#4 is one of several pics from the Reverb ad for a 2015 bass.

And those are the easy ones to find, they just pop up in a Google image search right off the bat. So he's back to his same old reusing images tricks.

I love that hashtag too, "thefinalrunandmovingon" like he's really accomplishing something and getting basses done. Just more of his fake "I'm getting something done" appearance acts. I don't know why he even bothers with it anymore, it's not like he's fooling anyone that matters (those he owes basses too), or even the rest of us who follow this thread.

12. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    He struggles with the guilt and mental illness brought on by (and/or contributing to) his troubles. He doesn’t live the high life scoffing at those he’s defrauded, he lives with this everyday. These little bursts of energy are symptomatic of him trying to “get right” in his mind, but he’s stuck in a vicious cycle. I can’t begin to understand what it must be like to wake up everyday and be him with the weight of broken promises and outright fraud hanging over his head.

Obese Chess and oddentity like this.
  13. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Are you sure he feels guilty?

I kinda thought he did these little halfhearted spurts when he loses a deal or two due to this thread.

I’m not sure he feels guilty toward his defrauded customers. I think he views them as obstacles instead. Probably resents you guys.

14. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    It's hard to know what he's thinking every day. He doesn't seem to have a normal thought process going on. We can only guess what's happening when he disappears for months at a time.

Obese Chess and Fuzzbass like this.
  15. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Did y'all see his Instagram post where some guy attacked Darrin's car with a heavy chain, smashing the windshield and body panels, with him inside? My favorite part was Darrin bemoaning that he could try and sue but he didn't think he would get any money from him... Irony.

16. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Can you repost that here?

17. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Karma.

18. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2008
    It seems likely that those who matter, to him, are those whose money he doesn't have yet.

Clark W likes this.
  19. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Try and sue? If he had any evidence whatsoever that this had happened and he knew who it was, wouldn't it be a matter of pressing criminal charges?

20. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    He said in a comment "I doubt I'll ever see a dime"....

Attached Files: