WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses / Zeller Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mmm Woody! Supporting Member

Wonder if he will accept IOU or POD in August, or if he plans to provide jpgs as NFTs ?

oddentity, IronSpatula and Aweiss96 like this.
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

He was supposed to have the first batch out the door by now, but he's still in the "starting to plan" phase. Even so, he's doubling down on the mid-August date for completion of all backorders plus whatever number of unclaimed "available" basses.

Actually, if some of his customers have died of old age, then maybe those "available" basses aren't adding to his workload.

3. Trabeen

Trabeen Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    There are a wealth of “or so” clauses in what I’ve seen him promise over the years (“next week or so, by the end of August or so, around my birthday or so…”), seems like a clever but stale way out of ever really promising anything.

4. i did not mean to do a provocation, but still......i am wondering if all each of you guys give 100 comments or more on that post that say "yo man,.....where is my promised bass, i already have six sons from groupies only to kill the boredom of waiting your promise" ...(1)...(2)....to the (100)

what he gonna do about it ?
    and more interesting one...what is your wife gonna do when she saw your comment ? :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    EddiePlaysBass likes this.
  5. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart

May 16, 2021
    So no updates so far on the four that were being finished in May?

Fuzzbass likes this.
  6. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Feb 26, 2009
    Belgium
    It's only June. May is 11 months from now...

wraub, Snaxster, JoeDaddio and 11 others like this.
  7. WG Plum

WG Plum

Apr 9, 2021
    Seattle
    :roflmao:

EddiePlaysBass, DrMole and Reedt2000 like this.
  8. Fuzzbass

Back on April 12th, he said we'd be seeing a lot of basses in the next 33 or so days (see quoted attachment). That worked out to his infamous March 15th birthday -- plus built-in fudge factor, which has been in effect for weeks now.

I'm not much of a social media guy, so I greatly appreciate Reedt2000 and others bringing posts here. :thumbsup:

DrMole, BlueTalon and Reedt2000 like this.
  9. gwangi

gwangi

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    I have a question for any of the folks that are on the waiting list for there basses and this question is primarily for the folks that had put down deposits, so say Darrin gets your bass done, does he require the rest of your deposit to get your bass and that means your taking a chance that he could take your money and not ship out any bass or do you have Darrin ship you the finished bass first then you pay him the rest of your deposit or I'm not really sure how this will work for you folks that is why I'm asking, my inquiring mind wants to know.

10. joelns

joelns

Mar 10, 2014
    I think I'd offer to put the money in escrow and release it to him once the bass is received AND I'm happy with it. But I don't have a dog in this show, as I didn't order one. It's just my thinking on how I'd handle it.

11. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    This belong to anybody here, or is it recycled?

Polish_20210608_211511222.jpg

I don't do the gram (only do FB cause the band uses it so much...) so I don't know if there's more info.

For the record I hope it is. I'd like to see people get their basses. Not that it at all excuses what's gone on, but at least there would be some closure :)

DrMole, Pendulous and Fuzzbass like this.
  12. BadJazz

BadJazz Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    Seriously...

image_2021-06-09_003621.png

13. Fuzzbass

I'm not aware of any scrolls that close to completion, and we know that Darrin frequently recycles old photos... but I can't speak to that one.

14. Fuzzbass

Trabeen likes this.
  15. shakey_slim

shakey_slim

Jan 3, 2001
    Recycled :rollno:

qwasxxpg3cwihuswci4r.jpg

BlueTalon, Plake, DrMole and 2 others like this.
  16. Katoosie

Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    The maker is trying to pass old photos as newly made ones?

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  17. Fuzzbass

To be fair: no. DH recycles old photos as promo for the scroll basses to come (allegedly). It's true that he usually doesn't disclose that it's an old photo, but he also doesn't claim that it's new work.

Katoosie likes this.
  18. Katoosie

Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    Shady.

sloppy_phil and Fuzzbass like this.
  19. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart

May 16, 2021
    I think it’s a bad sign that although he’s been talking about building these basses a lot recently he hasn’t put up a single build picture of a scroll bass. Normally these small makers love to put up pictures of their in-progress builds but although four were due to be complete last month and three more this month we’ve seen nothing other than ancient pictures of old builds.

Katoosie, sloppy_phil, DrMole and 6 others like this.
  20. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggbassplayer.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Maybe when he moves into the new shop!/s

basschanges likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021