1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WARNING: Darrin Huff Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fuzzbass, Jun 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. I agree. Except I say lock it up until one of our forum members HAS the bass in hand. We have seen how long it can take to deliver these things. Has Iceland received the bass yet?

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

This is from 9/29:

Relevant paragraph:
    "It shows how horrible of a person I am, and have been. But I am working through this mess I created. You all can read it and form your own opinion of me. I made the decision to not file bankruptcy and walk away from my mistakes. I will deal with this poopie everyday."

scuzzy likes this.
  3. Tim Schnautz

Tim Schnautz

Jan 30, 2000
    Next.....

4. Why keep regurgitating this. Find another post. I don’t feel it’s productive any more. Maybe show Darren some support. It sounds like the guy needs it.

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    What kind of support? He got a lot of support around the turn of the century but that hadn't worked out for a lot of people.

6. 1puttbassman

1puttbassman

Jun 3, 2014
    I gave up on Darrin long time ago!! He's still active on FaceBook..oh well

7. Chris Dox

Chris Dox Guest

Oct 31, 2018
    How long does he say it will take to receive your instrument after receiving payment from you?

8. 1puttbassman

1puttbassman

Jun 3, 2014
    I paid him 10 years ago...

Pbassmanca, Snaxster and Gorn like this.
  9. Chris Dox

Chris Dox Guest

Oct 31, 2018
    Damn... Sorry to hear that man.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  10. Fuzzbass

When we originally put money down on them 10-16 years ago, I believe the ETA given was six months.

11. Chris Dox

Chris Dox Guest

Oct 31, 2018
    This kind of crap just pissed me off. Reminds me of a tattoo artist who I unfortunately knew and worked with for a brief stint. 1st off this guy was a really great artist but he would never finish anything after he got paid to do a piece then come up with excuse after excuse to not finish it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  12. Fuzzbass

No one can blame you for giving up. That said, have you been following the recent developments? In short: Darrin is currently building guitars (!), but afterward he claims that he will complete all overdue basses. He promised me and a few others that our basses will be done by the end of this year.

Yeah, I know: Darrin's failed to deliver on countless previous promises, so I'm not suggesting that you get your hopes up. However I would suggest pinging him via FB to make sure he knows he still owes you.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  13. 1puttbassman

1puttbassman

Jun 3, 2014
    I'm in contact with him on FB...promises promises...oh well. Lesson learned, don't waste my time anymore.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  14. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Where's the Iceland bass? Surely it's there by now??

15. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Last reported it was still in Canada!!!!

16. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Over a month ago it was released. Surely it's made its way to Iceland by now? Still, after this length of time.....

17. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Well, from my understanding, it was sent to a Canadian friend of the bass' owner. The bass' owner is going to visit the friend in Canada to make the exchange, or vice versa, since shipping is so dang expensive.

18. saltymonkey

saltymonkey Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Sag Harbor, NY
    I think I recall it was being sent by boat to Iceland.

19. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Even on a skiff it would have been there by now.....

roogbass likes this.
  20. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Let's not get carried away. @Kristjankisi can clear this up for everyone regarding his bass and how it's getting to him. I don't believe anything nefarious was happening. In fact, I believe this is going exactly as was planned.

Apolicious, mdogs and Fuzzbass like this.