1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WARNING!!! Fake Sadowsky @ GC!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Oct 19, 2009.

1. BigMacDaddy

BigMacDaddy

May 25, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Why don't you give them a call? Why should someone else do it? Especially since none of us saw it first hand.

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Whoa...ballsy - I wonder how much GC took it in for...

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Does it have a logo on the headstock? Is it listed as a Sadowsky?

4. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Isn't it one of the first prototypes worth like $20,000 or something? :D

5. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Looks as if there is a logo near the top of the headstock. I wouldn't worry - anyone who knows what a Sadowsky is most certainly wouldn't be fooled, and everyone else will just think it's a Fender knockoff! Then again, some of the folks who know what a Sadowsky is might think the same thing... :eek:

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    How do we know its a fake?

7. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    they have it listed as a 1989 Sado LTD for $2700. looks very odd to me.

8. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Looks a little like a KSD with no pickguard. Hard to tell because you cannot see the entire headstock.

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I confused

10. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    The headstock is definitely the killer.. Though, we still have no confirmation that this is being sold as a Sadowsky? Am I missing something?

11. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    any chance that get Roger to confirm that it's a fake?

Not a KSD. KSD have the silver plates for the control panels. Looks like a Y-man bass headstock to me.

12. It's being sold as a Sadowsky because it is a Sadowsky. Brian Barrett had it before GC did. Don't think he would be taken in by a cheap fake. Story I heard is that it's a prototype, one of the first dozen or so five-string Sadowskys.

13. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    search the used gear on GC. It's tagged a 1989 Sadowsky LTD 5String for $2700.

14. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
  15. That's the one. Before I got my Metro, I talked to the guy Brian sold it to, who didn't know much about it. But if Brian says Sadowsky confirmed its' authenticity, that's good enough for me.

16. THANKS for clarifying, guys! We should do our research before we cry wolf, it seems. :p

17. Yeah, sure.......
    A pretty much one-off first Sadowsky basses and to be honest, I'm still not convinced it's the one Brian had, and I didn't do my research....:rollno:

Next time I'll be sure to check EVERY dealers site before I post about a potential fraud. :meh:

If it's real, great. If it's not, then wouldn't someone kinda be a little safe than sorry??

Not even a Google search brings up anything about it.......

18. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    "Is this legit?" or " I think this might be a fake. What do the Sadowsky Experts have to say?" would have been more appropriate than... "It's a FAKE" with out really knowing the details.

Just sayin'. ;)

19. I looked at the one on Brians site.
    Pics are hard to tell (Brian's a great though). The one at GC looks lighter in color though.

I'm gonna buzz them tomorrow about it.
    If it is the real deal, then it might be worth maybe grabbing for that price.