1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warning: Immense Rage Ahead, you have been warned.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Acrimonus, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Acrimonus

Acrimonus

Jan 18, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    *I am removing this link because people cannot read, there is already a longer thread on this that I have even linked in the first post and people ignore it.*

------>:hyper:Edit: Looks like there is already a thread about this, post there not here.:hyper: <-------

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697238

2. puddin tame

puddin tame

Aug 14, 2010
    I was thinking man it can't be that bad as my browser was loading, then "#1: the dream theatre guy" hits me like a punch in the face

3. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Meh, a lot of people/sites make these top blah blah bassists/guitarists/drummers/bands lists. Gotta take them with a grain of salt. They're just the opinions of people who actually think you can select a "best" in music world.

Don't let it bother you.

4. Acrimonus

Acrimonus

Jan 18, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Les Claypool and James Jamerson didn't even break top 10, that's screwed up. Paul Gray being on the list at all is also messed up. Opinions from people who obviously don't play bass are annoying, I doubt any of these musicradar readers do.

5. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Inactive

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan
    Judging from the writing I'd say the guy who made the list is about 20 years old. He'll learn.

6. JumboJack

JumboJack

Dec 31, 2007
    Lakewood,CA.
    Paul Grey #3?:eyebrow:

7. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    My thoughts EXACTLY. I'm not real familiar with Slipknot, but none of their material made me think "Wow! This guy is better than Jaco, Victor, Les, AND Paul McCartney!"

8. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    I dont like these types of polls. I think once you get to a certain level, best is a relative term. No one has the instrument mastered, and different players are better at different things. So IMHO there are no best, just different.

9. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Websites love this stuff. All the ****-stirring gets people up, angry and commenting. Which means page views, which means ad revenue. If you click on it, you're encouraging this kind of nonsense.

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    immense rage? i only have a slight discomfort, and that could be gas.

you know, false advertising is worse than trolling. :eyebrow:

11. #3 Paul Gray..that's a good one lol

12. Acrimonus

Acrimonus

Jan 18, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    It caused me rage :bag:

Paul Gray doesn't not belong on that list.

13. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Leave the idiots to their idiocy and just walk away. It's better for your blood pressure.