Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warning! Major GAS alert!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by embellisher, Jan 18, 2002.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Check out this Hanewinckel at LA Bass Exchange. Quilted ash! I've never seen it before. I am in love! Danged GAS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want!!!:D

2. wow, that thing almost gives me a GAS attack on par with the one your fretless Sonus Custom gives me, Embellisher!

But I must say, I don't think I've seen a bad Hanewinckel yet. I'd certainly love to actually hear one!

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Yep. That sure is Hanewinckelly, in all its Hanewinckelness.

I ain't never seen quilted ash before. Seen quilted mahogany, though.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's a really incredible instrument. if i were you i'd trade in a bass you don't play anymore for it. i know that you don't want to sell anything from your arsenal, but sometimes we need that.
    i'd trade the pedulla for that...;)

5. That bass has been there a while - I played that bass - or one just like it - over a year go when I was in LA and stopped at the Exchange. It is a beautiful instrument. That pic does not do it justice. That quilted ash is killer! I remember it being around $2400.

Jeff

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Uforia will not let me sell the Pedulla. Besides, it was made for the oldies gig. Works better for that than any other bass that I own, except for my Geddy.

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I was going to link to a picture of the same bass on the Hanewinckel website (it looks different in that photo, still just as good), but they've gone and redone the website!

Oh, the beautiful basses! :)

www.hguitars.com

Raised the prices a tad too. Oh well.

One of these days I'll record some sound samples of mine and post 'em here. The thing has so many options it'll take like a dozen files though . . . :D

8. wow...that's hanewinckelicious!!!!

9. Hey E, you're a two car family, aren't you? :D

Mike J.

10. Very nice indeed. It almost looks like a form of lacewood.

11. You don't know how close I came to walking out of that store with that bass. I went back twice to play it.

I thought I was over her... uh, over it... but now!

ARRRGGG!

:D

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Damn that's a big fat GAS!

13. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    WOW!