1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warning to all bassist in the bay area

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kyon`, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Not sure if this is the right place but this morning, well around 3 AM there was an intruder. We have an alarm system and that was all fine and nothing was loss and police arrived but just a bit shaken you know. I don't know if they were going after musical equipment specifically or just belongings but though I give a heads up. It's probably not but better be safe then sorry I guess.

2. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    LOL. . .

If I issue a "head-up" like this for Miami, I'll be posting 30 times a day.

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Uhh, which Bay area?

4. I assume you mean SF bay area...there are a lot of thieves...its just the way it is.

5. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Baffin.

Not a lot of bassists live up there, but the few who do are very protective of their instruments. And their igloos.

6. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Glad you're okay, but yeah, OT, & try North Philly!

7. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    Beware of talkbass. I will steal your instruments!

:ninja:

8. Although Ive lived in Portland Oregon for near 2 decades, I grew up in San Francisco, and things like this were indeed a daily occurrence. A place with so much to offer has to have its polar opposites. Crackheads defecating on ones porch, while a group of junkies are squatting in the shed comes to mind. I guess it depends on what neighborhood you live in, but I hope it doesn't screw with you too long. This kind of thing can drive one into fear and paranoia..which is a horrible state to live in. Id still rather live in the city than in Oaktown. Talk about scary..sheesh. Rant over, but I do wish you a quick psychological recovery and peace of mind.

9. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I have a friend in SF who just told me her friend's car got stolen last night....sheesh.

10. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    I take it you never been to the South Side of Chicago? They will rip stuff right out of your hand. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

11. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    a heads up for bassists only?

what a joke

12. ^^This.

13. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    In Madrid (Spain) my mom had her purse snatched while she was sitting in the passenger seat of a rental car. Two guys were riding next to her on a motor scooter. When traffic came to a stop at an intersection, one guy hopped off the back of the scooter, opened the passenger door of mom's car, reached in and grabbed her purse from the floor between her legs, then jumped back on the scooter & took off, weaving through stopped cars. She said it took all of about 4 seconds.

So, y'know, any of you bassists who ride the streets of Madrid with yer bass in the passenger seat, I guess you should make sure the door's locked.

14. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  15. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan
    here in Japan, burglary is not common. however, chances are, if you leave your bass with women's panties on the headstock, they gonna steal the panties and not the bass:D this is not a joke. Panty thieves are everywhere:bassist:

16. Muss

Muss

Nov 20, 2007
    huh?
    dude what's going on up there....:rollno:

17. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    At first I thought this thread was dumb, but with the addition of womens' panties, I am falling in love all over again.

18. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I'd like to invite ya'll to my dear home country, Brazil!!!!! :D

19. wallybill

wallybill

Apr 4, 2007
    Tuscola, Il.
    LOL!! A whole new level of respectability.:hyper:
    Thanks!

20. King V

King V