1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warpaint`s chorus/flanger bass tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Captain,Obvious, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Captain,Obvious

Captain,Obvious

Apr 7, 2010
    norway
    i have been listening to this band for a while, and their bassist has some really nice modulation in her tone. Here are some clips

Warpaint - Undertow - YouTube

this one is a bit different, heard in the intro
    Warpaint - Bees (Yours Truly Sessions) - YouTube

Warpaint - 'Burgundy (Rough Trade Sessions)' - YouTube

and as a bonus, a really nice bowie cover, rivals the original in my opinion
    Warpaint-Ashes to Ashes - YouTube

I own a ce-5, and i cant get the tone with it, i have been considering a electric mistress or a small clone for getting the tone, any recommendations on how to get the tone?:hyper:

also i play a deluxe p, the older model with the humbucker in the bridge, i think altough she plays a ric, her tone is still very p bass with thumpy mids.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The electro-harmoinix pedals would be a good choice to get you that sound. especially the clone theory. the ebs unichorus would also be a great choice to get you that sound too.

3. GrooveRonin

GrooveRonin

Nov 20, 2011
    sweeeeet thanks for the band! been thinking about getting a different chorus other then my ceb-3.

4. Motasimo

Motasimo

Jan 28, 2011
    She has a boss Chorus on her board I saw on a video somewhere, not sure which model though, and She does play a RIC usually with a pick from what I saw.