Warped neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MonkForHire, Nov 23, 2004.

1. MonkForHire

Oct 5, 2003
    How do you tell if a neck is warped or if it just needs to be straightened? Or is that the same thing? I don't know very much about bass setup (I'm realatively new to the bass scene). If it is warped, would I have to replace the neck? Thanks in advance!
  2. sight down the neck from the body end.if the neck has a twist to it. its warped. MIGHT beable to be straightened by a competent luthier not sure. might be cheaper to buy a nother bolt on neck if thats the case. if your talking about set up. then go here:

this will enable you to set up your bass to your specifications IF you feel comfortable. if you do not. take it to a tech or a luthier. otherwise you could hear a loud pop in the neck. and your neck may be ruined.
  3. MonkForHire

Oct 5, 2003
    Thanks! I just checked as you you said; no twist. I guess I just have to get it straightened then. It's buzzing like crazy...
  4. where is it buzzing at?
    and how is it buzzing? it may not be that it needs to be straightened. it may need some more bow in it. just the nature of the game.
  5. Would you PLEASE read the stickied posts at the top of the forum? All of your answers are there.
  6. MonkForHire

Oct 5, 2003
    I'm sorry; I should've checked there. I admit my fault Next time I'll check stickies first.