1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warped neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Mar 9, 2003.

1. now matter how high i raise my action, on my MIM there is a serious dead spot on D spot at the 17th fret. There is no sustain, and a lot of fretbuzz.. please help.

2. There's nothing you can really do about the dead spot - it's a common characteristic of the Fender style necks. Though some don't have it, a lot do.

Your other problems should be solved with a true setup including but not limited to a trussrod adjustment, fret leveling, nut examination, and saddle adjustment. Just raising the saddles is not the way to go about getting things worked out. Since you are a vet around here, all of the info you need for doing this yourself is available with a search. To get you started on understanding this procedure, here's a link that gives a good explanation of what's involved:

http://members.aol.com/jlsmith42/aj/setup/aj-setup.htm

Hope this helps

3. thanks hambone, i'm a vet around most of the forums, but a newbie when it comes to setup!