Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warped Tour SD show review...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Yeah so i managed to show up really late and only catch the end of NOFX, all of Bad Religion, New Found Glory, and the Vandals. Now, having never been to the Warped Tour i was stoked on the experience. It was a really cool vibe, granted i showed up near the end of the day. here's my review of what i saw..

NOFX - well duh, it's Fat Mike and he rules. Punk Rock at its finest.

Bad Religion - Unreal!! played a few from No Control, Against the Grain, some REAL old stuff and the newer hits too. The bassist had the new Mike Dirnt bass and i was really impressed. cool tone from a vintage looking ride.

New Found Glory - Ok, what am i missing here? I felt really old as my ears were shattered by the whiniest voice i've heard in a while. I think all of their songs followed the same pattern too; fast, slow, fast, heavy grooving part, fast and then done. Don't get me wrong it was a excellent stage show, but anytime you need to say the word "GO" more than once in a song, you've said it more than enough. Just my opinion though...

The Vandals - great show! not as many people, they were the last on the bill. it was hard to picture those guys as the same band that was in Suburbia. They have had lineup changes, but they still rocked like a mofo.

I think every girl was in a short skirt, oversized shades, mesh hat and a pink tank top. All the dudes were in the mandatory black, spiked hair or faux hawk, and spiked belts. It looked like a really bad Good Charlotte video. But i did have fun, and i'd really like to see more of it next year!

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i almost went to the show today. it's way not worth it to me, it could have been sort of fun, but theres not that many good bands even though it's the 10th anniversary tour.

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    hrm... i've always thought that it is a really really good show for only $25. you get a bunch of free **** (contests also), shirts, free yoohoo, and all those bands. good deal i must say.

4. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    The warped tour sucks. As a punk fan, I find it really sad to see an overpriced ($6 water, are you F'in KIDDING?) pop music orgy masquerading as a punk show. Plus, you have to park about 9 miles away and hang out with thousands of teenyboppers in 100 degree heat for 8 hours in a freakin stadium parking lot to see maybe 4 decent bands play 30 minute sets. Bad Religion, International Noise Conspiracy, Flogging Molly, and Tiger Army are the only bands on the tour worth spit!

ok, rant over :)

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    "if" you like the music i mean.

6. all in all i thought it was kind of silly. it was like a big wanna-be punk fashion show and i bet 85% of those kids have never struggled through a damn thing their lives. they have no clue what or where punk actually came from. man i feel old!! i had fun, it was free and i was with a really cool chick so i enjoyed it for the most part. yeah, here i am talking sh** when i would most likely give up a toe to be on that tour... :p

7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    word. punk, is just the opposite version of a preppy/****** *** fratboy. "punks" have their own trends, and it is a trend/fad because they all wear the same stupid ****. spiked bracelets, a lot of jewelry and all that kind of stuff, makeup, ****** clothes (which they purposely wear, no matter how much money they have), and stuipid stuff like that... a lot of them are vegetarians also :meh:.

Edit: please reread the rules...

8. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I'd go just to see From Autumn To Ashes and Avenged Sevenfold (main stage baby!).

9. Brat

Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    I really like Bad Religion and The Vandals. Does anyone know if they're comming to Chicago? They usually do.

10. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i think it's stuipid when bands do only a portion of the tour. they should sign up for the whole thing.

11. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Did anyone see the matches?

12. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Aye aye, I look forward to them, underoath, and yesterdaysrising

13. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Flogging Molly is the only thing on that bill that i really want to see. The show hasnt passed through here yet. how was the Flogging Molly bit, if any caught them?