Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warr Artisan 8 string for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Benjamin Strange, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yup, letting it go. I played it like crazy when I first got it, and now I barely touch it. I've realized that I need to get one made for me, so that the tuning will make more sense to my muddled brain (I will eventually get a 10 string with the bass side closer to my left hand, and the treble side closer to my right). I guess what I'm getting at is that I have outgrown this one, or at least have realized what I really what in a Warr.

Without further ado, here it is:

[​IMG]

I've got it tuned FCGDAEBD right now, but you can tune it just about any way you want (within reason). Regular bass and guitar strings will work, so you don't have to buy special strings. Bartolini pickups, piezos in the bridge, bolt on wenge neck, zebrawood body. No dents, dings, scratches, nothing. Perfect shape. Comes with gigbag and straplocks.

$1800 FIRM. Don't ask. No, I mean it.

I will accept trades and/or cash for a Steinberger XM (especially with a TransTrem), or older style Boogie gear (like a D180, Bass 400 or +, and older style RR cabs).

2. Nice Warrguitar there!
    He always uses the nicest woods.
    I love mine, I waited 9 months to get it built.
    And a good price considering the wait time to get one made also.
    And I have to cry the usual words here: "If I only had the cash right now". LOL
    Good luck on the auction.
    Dirk

3. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Ok, here's the obligatory bump. Next week it's going on ebay.

4. Oh man your killing me! :)
    Well good luck to who ever get's that wonderful axe.
    Good Luck,
    Dirk

5. Hey, I might consider buying it back from you. I always kinda regretted selling that one. E-mail me and we can discuss it.

- Dave

6. AFAIK this is still available. Reality set in and I realized that I couldn't afford to buy my old Warr back. It's really sweet. The nicest piece of Zebrawood I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

- Dave

7. PM sent

8. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I sometimes miss it too...

9. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Ok, kiddies, it's going up on ebay. Don't say I didn't give you plenty of chances!

10. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    No, anything but ebay!! Oh well, she was a beautie! Did I mention that this is the first Warr with piezo's? Mr Warr told me he did a lot of piezo R&D on this guitar. Just an FYI

11. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I did not know that.

12. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Yeah, this guitar came about as a custom order just after the lawsuit that will not be named was concluded. It started out as a Raptor model, I kept asking for this and that non standard option, and it slowly became an Artist model with the wenge' neck and pao amarillo stringers and a zebra body. I don't recall what brand the piezo's are, but I don't think they are the current spec RMC's. I was going to wire the TRS output for seperate mag and piezo outputs, but never got around to it. It could probably still be done.

If I had the dough lying around, I would sure buy it back.

Good luck.