Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warr basses???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Mar 4, 2001.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i was checking out the warr guitars website earlier and i read that they are capable of building, or are in the process of building a production run of conventional (i.e. horizontal, played with your fingers in the normal fashion :D) basses...i'm a wee type of guy, so obviously i would be interested in a bass with a small body...i play a warwick thumb now, but i'm trying to find a 6 string that would suit me...kinda hard...any of you guys seen or heard anything about these? mebbe some of you fellas that went to the NAMM show? thankies...

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the only warr stuff i'm familliar with are their touch-style, chapman-stick-inspired instruments, which i've heard good things about.

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh right on...don't think i could hang with the stick stuff...i've seen tony levin live and i don't think i would feel adequate...:eek: thanx though...

4. jimstick

jimstick

Dec 8, 2000
    I emailed Warr about their Warr basses and they said the basses are still in the developmental stage. I play 8 string stick and was looking for a 6 stringer. Chapman doesn't make them. Warr also needs to update their website.And lower their prices!!!!!!!

5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    If the Warr basses sound anything like my 8-string Warr, then they will be stunning. Amazing fundamental.

Still trying to sell it...