1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warr Phalanx 12-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WarrSeller, Aug 16, 2012.

1. WarrSeller

WarrSeller

Apr 5, 2012
    Due to a lack of ability and a tough economy, I am looking to sell my 12-string Warr Phalanx. Originally purchased for $3600, I am looking to sell this for $2800. This includes a flight case, strap, and shipping (USA shipping only please). Not looking for a trade.

As you can tell by the pictures, this instrument has not suffered any abuse, and I would not hesitate to classify it as the closest thing to new as you can get short of getting it sent from Mark at Warr himself.

Mahogany body and Walnut top
    Bolt-on neck
    Uncrossed standard tunings
    No midi or piezo

This guitar took over a year to build so those scoping a Warr but don't have the patience, this is your guy!

Attached Files:

2. WarrSeller

WarrSeller

Apr 5, 2012
    Here is a shot of the back since I could only include 2 photos in the original post.

Attached Files:

3. nozkcb

nozkcb

Jan 23, 2009
    Oh my! :confused:

Is it normal for me to get a headache when I look at that (?)bass?

4. WarrSeller

WarrSeller

Apr 5, 2012
    HAHA!! I know I got one when I originally paid for it and then again when I realized how steep the learning curve was! :D

5. Lloydtownsend

Lloydtownsend

Aug 23, 2010
    Michigan
    None
    Just out of curiosity, what is this tuned to? Is this the same idea as a chapman stick? I've never seen or played either of these : / thanks for enduring my ignorance

6. WarrSeller

WarrSeller

Apr 5, 2012
    It's actually a really good question as this particular model differs from the stick from a tuning perspective. They both employ the touchstyle playing method though. Mine is tuned this way (as taken from the Warr website):

If you are facing the guitar as if it is sitting in a guitar stand, and String #1 is always the farthest string to the right.

B E A D G C<>B E A D G C

This is an Uncrossed 4ths tuning. String #6 (B) is the lowest bass string, and string #12 (B) is the lowest guitar string. Nothing is inverted. It is called "uncrossed" as hands are not reaching across one set of strings to play the other, as in most standard stereo tap-guitar tunings. The left hand still plays bass, but now the bass strings are strings 1-6. Strings #1-6 have the same open string pitches as standard 6-string bass. This is a very symmetric tuning, as nothing is inverted, and both sides of the guitar are an octave apart.

Crazy stuff, right?!?!?!

7. WarrSeller

WarrSeller

Apr 5, 2012
    Here is some Saturday inspiration.

Jim actually was the one who helped me configure my guitar.

8. WarrSeller

WarrSeller

Apr 5, 2012
    Asking price is now $2500 :p

9. WarrSeller

WarrSeller

Apr 5, 2012
    You can shred on these things too!

10. WarrSeller

WarrSeller

Apr 5, 2012
    Been a while...bump.