1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warranty Question question:

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Later_Peter, Oct 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. According to the response from the manufacturer:
    installing strap locks = warranty voiding
    True
    or
    not so much
    ?

2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

May 3, 2009
    N.E Illinois
    Who actually uses a warranty?

3. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    What manufacturer? What warranty issue?

4. I was going to have the name be nameless because it really doesn't matter. My history with warranties is "ain't worth what it costs to buy the thing new"... (this is based on my history of collecting quality fly rods on a miserable budget)... however, a NEW bass (not the highest end bass but from a very reputable & historic brand) & want to NOT drop the bass & really test that warranty... hence, strap locks (plus I have a minimum credit at M.F.)... but they email back from unsaid manufacturer was: NOPE (in so many words).

5. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    El paso, TX
    I guess the part where it voids the warranty is if you want to complaint about a chip or a crack right at the strap button - that would not be covered because well , you may have contributed to that. Otherwise , in case that you need to send the bass back for warranty , i think you would (as most of us) replace the straplocks with the regular buttons before sending back to the manufacturer.

So basically , in many different levels, it doesnt make a difference to the mfg if you use strAplocks.

6. ah... removal of the strap locks & re-installation of original strap pins... (Why couldn't I think of that?... geez... what can I say but: DUH!)
    sorry folks

Tbone76 likes this.