Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by SirPoonga, Jan 30, 2005.

1. SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    ok, all the tab sites that run that one tab, including here, are just plain wrong. And way off.

First, the bass does not follow this

I've been listening to it tryin to figure it out. Different patterns of the same basic idea as that above are played. However above is in the wrong key.

Like I said, several different syncipation patterns are played if you listen carefully. But for the most part I think it does something like this. I used power tab editor to create this. I just use eight and quarter note to denote the notes that are held longer than others for now.

(E)Q E\EQ E\EQ EQ EEE
    The other pattern that is played several times is this, which is just a basic version of above.
      Q  E Q  E Q  E Q

Does that sound about right to you? I've heard people play this as if they were playing along witht he piano. The bass definately doesn't play with the piano. not that that is wrong, it's music, play it how you like :)

When I play the miid of it through power tab editor with the sound it sounds like the right key too me.
  2. I.M. Fletcher

I.M. Fletcher

Feb 18, 2004
    Good tune. So you're telling me that the bass and guitar are played in two different keys? I haven't been home to try this yet, but isn't that going to sound off when your guitar player plays an E and you play a D on your bass?
  3. SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    I will wait until you hear and play it before I respond.