Warrior 8-string on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Josh Curry, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i've played that one, that's jauqo's bass. i think he's unloading a lot of his warrior stuff.
  3. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    He said he's having financial problems, good thing he's got some nice assets like that to liquidate, or is buying basses like that what got him into trouble in the first place?
  4. I've always wondered, is that guy's last name III X or what. Cool bass though.
  5. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Warriors are finely crafted and unique works
    of art. $3500 for that bass is a bargain.
    That bass would sell for probably twice that
    amount or more if you had to order one new.
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's jauqo in the picture too(playing it)

I normally really dig warrior's designs, but I don't really like that one...it's a nice color though.

it's looks pretty chunky though :meh:
  7. cods

Sep 16, 2003
    how would you tune that thing?
  8. With the little knobs on the headstock.

- Dave
  9. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    The guy selling it isn't Jouqo. He bought it from Jouqo and he is selling because of financial problems.

JT, know exactly why he's selling his basses off.... I had heard some rumors but wasn't sure exactly. Is Bill building him anything :D
  10. Warriors are definetly cool instruments and works of art. I just think that for the price the tone could be a little more unique or something. kinda how stuff like F-bass and roscoe have a cool and kinda unique tone to them.
  11. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    That bass would have to find the right owner,
    It's a one of a kind deal; it was someone's
    dream at one time, and it's kinda hard to sell
    someone else your dream...

I hung with the Warrior folks at their NAMM
    booth for about half an hour a couple years back, I think the guy's name I talked to was JD; great people, great basses...

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    For the record it is not I who is selling the bass but a good friend of mine.that needs a little cash.I no longer use Warrior Basses.My new Basses are being made by Bill Conklin, Jesse blu o'neil(formaly of Warrior),and a new and very talented luithier by the name of Mike Adler.but I have and use Basses by a few other luithiers as well.
  13. It's a really nice bass. Beautiful up close. Great tone, amazing craftsmanship. Very thin neck. Whoever buys it is getting a great instrument.