Warrior bass sound clips

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    check out this site...........................

http://www.warriorinstruments.com/default2.asp SELECT THE LISTENING ROOM, THAN BASS MP3 SAMPLES.

The clips are for the bolt on and neck through basses. The bass player is Keith Horne, he did all the sound clips.:bassist:
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Less than useful, I think. They don't mention if all configurations have the same pickups, or if they use the same on-board settings. There are more drastic differences between some of the samples than the wood would account for - for instance, listen to the difference in the high-end between the bolt-on and neck-through in the "Country" sampe for mahogany/ebony. Waaay different. That's not the neck construction - sounds more like different pickups to me.
  3. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I have downloaded these clips and listen to them regularly. It is a source of inspiration for me, I really dig Keith Horne's playing!
  4. Bassist519

Bassist519 Guest

Feb 6, 2003
    Albany,New York
    these sound clips are pretty nice i like the one where he is slapping (funk) he is mad good
  5. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have to say that i dig his finger style playing quite a bit.

Is he playing lefty with the bass strung upside down?!? It makes my head hurt to think about...
  6. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002

I just checked this out, THE DUDE IS SMMMOKIN!!!

SO I ask myself, self, can you play like that :confused:

and my reply to my own question was :meh: :bawl: :bawl:
  7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, he used to be vic wooten's roomie back in the day. scary nuts chops. speaking of warriors...i saw this on ebay. really cool...anyone know what it is?

8. sambacanuta

Nov 11, 2004
    Is that a warrior soldier 6?

Does anyone know if the body of the Warrior soldier bolt on 6 is bigger than the 5? I tried a soldier 5 at a store and loved the sound but felt the body was a little too small for my right hand. (I am used to Fender)
  9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Keith is a smoking player... I got to see him and Adam Nitti at NAMM 2002 (N'Ville) shread it up at the Warrior Booth, together. He did some stuff that made all of us that were watching said "whoa"(*jaws dropped on the floor*). IIRC I think that Jauqo III-X was also there for that, if he chimes in.

Later that same evening Keith played in a 6 bassist orchestra led by Dave Pomeroy at Wolfie's in D'town N'ville.
  10. He played in the band Secrets with Carter Beauford for awhile. Talk about a rythym section.

Alot of good musicians have come out of that area.
  11. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
    I really dig Keith's playing as well!! His finger and slappin style are both great! His tone is really awesome!! He is one of the underrated bass player in my mind! By the way, anybody here have checked out his instrutional video?!