Warrior Basses - Comments?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gmann, Feb 14, 2003.

1. gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    I'm thinking of maybe getting a five string and am looking for anyones comments and/or pictures of these basses. How do they sound, are they worth getting etc?
  2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001

There have been threads before on this I think.
  4. They sound great...but it's their looks that make them unbelievably overpriced.

I'd take a Sadowsky over a Warrior (in the same price range) any day.
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i dislike them, but that opinion is based on playing two presumably lower end models (they were $2000). they were pretty plain looking, and had sharp, uneven frets, a weird shaped neck (to me) and not a particularly great sound (nothing worth $2k). i also dislike them because the manufacturer seems to sell them as collectors items more than instruments - attaching a 'predicted value' that is rediculously high is not good protocol, IMO.

6. rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    Are they worth getting,That question can only be answered by you.I have had my warrior for two years now and it is my main axe along with my 77 jazz,together they seem to do the trick.i will some day get to play a sadowsky.
  7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i only played one and the neck was way too flat for me... don't know if that is just that particular one or all of them though.

i think it was a soldier...
  8. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I've owned 2. The first was a Soldier 5 w/ the SD electronics. I wasn't overly impressed and I was having problems with the truss rod (it rattled around!). I returned it and bought a Standard + 5 with the bartolini electronics (MM at middle and X5 at bridge). I thought that bass was great, and I do regret selling it. At the time I was really into the MM sound, so I traded it for a SR5 + cash. I already had an MTD with the same wood combinations, so I thought it was a great deal. Now, I really regret it. Of course, I got my Warrior at a used price, it was a NAMM show leftover. I highly doubt I would buy at their full price.