Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warrior basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tiwaz, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Tiwaz

Tiwaz

Sep 22, 2002
    Norway
    Anyone have any experience with Warrior basses?
    Are they as good as they look?
    Any info appreciated :)

2. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I've played some warriors at the NAMM shows and they're nice basses. Not for me, though.they're rextremely pricy. {edit}

They're nice basses. If you're looking it to warriors, may I suggest also MTD (www.mtdbass.com), Elrick (www.elrick.com), and Fodera (www.foderaguitars.com) if you're looking for a custom hand made bass. Also, since you play metal, I'd suggest something with a graphite neck such as a Zon(www.zonguitars.com)or Modulus (www.modulusguitars.com). Or heck, a Dingwall (www.dingwallguitars.com). I'm currently looking at a Dingwall.

Hope this helped,
    Neal

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    did they really try to save you?
    i am a Christian and i applaud Warrior's public admission of their Faith- but if they were Buddhist or Muslim or whatever, i wouldnt let that have an effect on my choice- i would just judge the bass - if its not for you- its not for you, but the fact that they are open about their beliefs, why would that bother you?? and im ot tdefending the basses , because i am not familiar with them enough to formulate an opinion-
    funny , though, seems to be a recent rash of anti- Christian sentiment- from prayers in school to trying to take away the meaning of Christmas and just making it Shoppin Season - i dont rag on Kwanza , Hannukah , or any other religious holiday, but Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ - at least lets let the non-Christians give us THAT!!! sorry to rant, but i dont see that anyone buying a Warrior has to be Baptized to take delivery.. its a bass. for goodness sake...
    by the way- and this is MY opinion only- i think getting a ggod bass AND being saved by the Lord is kinda the deal of the century-- but thats just me..

4. I have heard good things abourt warrior basses, but they are too pricey for me. I don't dont think the religious issue should apply at all. Companies don't usually anounce any particular religon at all. They try and sell products. So if Warrior did, that is unusual, but it shouldn't reflect badly on their basses. And lets not turn this into any religous argument. This is in the basses section.

5. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    editting post because it can only bring a flame war to basses, about religion no less.

Move along folks, nothing to see here :cool:

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i agree- i dont want to turn anything into an argument- i was just responding to the comment made- also- i am well aware thsi is the basses section- we are discussing a bass- just footnotes and sidebars- for example- if we were taking about maybe not diggin the sound because of the the pickups on the Warrior- we wouldnt say- "lets not discuss pickups, this is the basses section" would we??
    ok, ok - ill stop now- i see im gonna be taken out of context - and i want peace in the world..

7. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    had a warrior prototype once. Loved the feel. It had a single seymour duncan humbucker. Sounded good, it had a wenge top and all. I was trying to downsize, and loved my MTD so I sold it, but it felt great.

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Diry Road Cola- i got your pm- we're WAY cool, bro!!-- no need for alarm-- just a litle discussion- no casualties!!:D

9. At first, Warrior's literature and the whole "anointed sword" thing did put me off a little. Then I thought that if these folks care enough about their work to set such a high mark for their instruments to live up to, that is saying something about their commitment to their art. Admirable above any religious intentions.

10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    ok, read your edit- now I sound like im out my my mind!! because you removed your comment!! LOL!!!;)
    back to basses....

11. When I said this is the basses section I meant it really isn't the place to discuss the meaning of Christmas. That is all. And I wasn't just talking to you, Adrian, just that when we are discussing Warrior Basses we shouldn't care about the religon of the company.

12. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I will reiterate my main beef with them is their prices, although, the same could be said for Fodera or any "boutique" bass, right? ;)

13. Originally posted by Dirty Road Cola

I will reiterate my main beef with them is their prices, although, the same could be said for Fodera or any "boutique" bass, right?

Unfortunately yes. :(

Where I live, exchange pushes the cost of most of the basses I desire, including a Warrior 7 string over $5k!

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    aha!! my point exactly !! but the original comment came from Dirty Road Cola - but we're all good!! hes changing his screenname to Clean Road Cola :D --group hug!!

15. to be honest, I did not even get the Chritian connotation when I first looked at the website. I that I saw was some real good looking instruments that were way out of my price range. This thread is the first I even heard about the religous thing. By the way, if I had the money, I would buy the bass, because they look awesome.

16. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I owned a Warrior until last night. It is a killer bass. We A/B'd it against another high-end make and the Warrior was all that. The resale value of the Warrior is not good, but then it's that way with 95% of the basses out there. Buy a used one. www.thelowend.net gets used Warriors in from time to time. The body of the Warrior is smaller than it looks. The neck is chunky like a Warwick at the nut and very thin at the body. The sound depends on the wood and pickup combination. My was deep, dark sounding. If it was a bolt-on, I would have kept it.

Did some one say, "Post a Warrior pic"? ;)

17. That's why you gotta go with the Canadian luthiers.

Geoff

18. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    retail on a Dingwall Zebra USD: 3550 base price. Oi!

why couldn't it be canadian :( then it'd be what, 20 bucks? ;)

19. Originally posted by Geoff St. Germaine

That's why you gotta go with the Canadian luthiers.

I was until I saw the F Bass price list. I nearly wept.

20. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Remember those are list prices ( F bass)- with a US price of about $2700 new- they are quite reasonable when you consider the craftsmanship and the TONE!!!