1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warrior Dran Michael Lined Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lownote67, Dec 2, 2018.

1. lownote67

lownote67 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Price:
    $1650
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This is a 2016 Warrior DM5 Custom Fretless. This bass was originally slated for display and sale at guitar shows in late 2015 and early 2016.

This is an ash body with a beautiful flame maple top and headstock veneer. It also has turned wood control knobs and a matched wood electronics cover. The neck is maple with a mahogany tone bar. The fingerboard is ebony with flame maple fret lines. This bass is by far the lightest and most comfortable that I've ever played.

Two slight modifications. First, the fingerboard has been given a hard poly finish by Pat Wilkins of Wilkins Basses fame. Second, the string channel and bridge opening for the 5th string was expanded slightly by Eric’s Guitar Shop in Van Nuys, CA due to a build flaw that made it hard to accept tapewound strings.

While this is a custom build, it does have some build flaws that I was willing to accept and do not affect playability. First, there are two VERY small dings in the top around the tone pots. Second, the upper horn split slightly along the wood grain when the hole was drilled for the flush mount strap lock. J. D. expertly filled and repaired the crack and it is reinforced by the flame maple top. I have had ZERO issues with it.

Includes OHSC, Warrior leather neck strap, and certificate of authenticity.

Price includes shipping. Not interested in trades.

Attached Files:

2. engedi1

engedi1 Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    wow I love that