Warrior i saw. oh so nice.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by notabob, Oct 11, 2003.

1. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i just found this beautiful bass, and i thought id share. enjoy.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Oo id love to hear that.
  3. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    mmhmm...me too. :hyper:
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Not my cup of tea-particularly how the pickups are set up. The Warrior website has tons of sound clips if anyone wants to hear them.
  5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    There is a bass almost exactley like that in my local shop, without a Jazz pickup in the neck. I don't like it much- the B string is floppy. I don't think Warrior builds very solid necks, IME.
  6. I played a few Warriors a couple of weeks ago. My impression of the 5 strings wasn't so good. They were quality basses, good fit and finish, but the sound wasn't really that great IMO. The 7 string studio I played totally blew me away. All the strings were great and it had a great sound and feel to it. The price was certainly good too. The surprising thing was that the bulk of the neck was mahogany. I was somewhat skeptical at first, but the neck was certainly stiff. The action was also super low... just how I like it. It also had Lane Poor soapbars in it.

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Yes, Warriors are not known for being bad - just maybe these 5s suck; however their 6+ string basses have a good reputation
    (BTW I would really like to try a 9-string Warrior... :eek: :cool: :D )
  8. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    yeah, ive never heard a warrior played. the things that really stood out to me were
    the appearance. it looks very handsome.
    the basslines
    and the way the bolt on neck looks almost neck through