1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warrior Messenger Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thinkingingrey, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Would anyone who has had experience with the Warrior Messenger bass be willing to share their thoughts about it (tonal qualities, playability, weight/balance, what you like or dislike about it, etc.)? I noticed that there seems to be little information regarding this particular bass.

Thank you so much for your input.

2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Bumping this thread because I'm curious too. I knew nothing about this model before I encountered a used one at a nearby GC. It wasn't in the best condition, but I found the body supremely comfortable, and I liked the neck as well. I didn't spend much time with it plugged in, but I liked what I heard. (It had a Seymour Duncan pickup, but it looks like Warrior uses Nordstrand now.)

With such fantastic ergonomics, it strikes me as a great stage bass.

3. basschip22

basschip22 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2017
    I am surprised this thread has not received more traction.I am more than curious about what the "word on the street is" about these basses.

4. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I have owned 7 Warriors with 1 being built right now. I did purchase a Messenger a few months back and upon receiving it I was amazed that the build and playability was top notch as expected with every Warrior I've owned. The vibe is very Stingray type tone as that was their version of the Music man bass. Tone was good but I prefer dual pickups so I sent it back. Bass sounded good and would be more suited for Rock and that type of music. Very nice bass especially considering you can get a new Warrior around $2ooo.

5. basschip22

Jan 11, 2017
    Great info "campbems".You seem to be THE best authority and resource on Warrior basses I have found on TalkBass.My bass instructor is bringing a 4 string Messenger to my lesson tomorrow and look forward to getting my hands on it.Since you have been the owner of several Warriors I was curious as to which one you might think best conveys "old school" R&B and '70's funk tone?

6. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    That would be my next bass build I will get soon in the Bella 62. They are old school and their take on the Jazz bass. Warriors are amazing instruments and play better than anything I've seen or played. Check out the Bella 62 basses they offer, Sound so good.

7. basschip22

Jan 11, 2017
    Thanks for the input.

8. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Here is the Messenger I purchased.

bwags0vk2bduabron3kq. Messenger4. Messenger7. oilear0ajhp8syrpo99p. wmkpiqkjzdhl0layz8ji.

fuzzychaos and Sharknose79 like this.
  9. basschip22

Jan 11, 2017
    That looks superb.Is the pickup Nordstrand or Bartolini 'Fatboy'? (My assumption).Unique pick guard.What year is this?This looks custom to me.................Fantastic.

10. Just giving this thread a bump. Actively seeking a used 5 and any more info on this bass. I think I need one.