Warrior Purchasing dilema, opinions wanted.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Nov 8, 2001.

1. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Ok, here is the deal. I just cashed out my Retirement Fund from Texas because I am no longer in the state, and it is doing me no good. So, I have a VERY healthy chunk of change in my lap now.

There is a guy I have found who is selling a Warrior 15 string. This bass has all the bells and whistles that Warrior could possibly put on a bass. I have wanted one of these since I first saw them.

The dilema is this. Do I:
    A: Take the money and put it towards my credit card debt, which would erase the cost of the Lakland and SWR that I bought a few months ago, and then that much over again on the cards. Or do I....
    B: Buy the bass, and put the rest of the money towards my cards, which would about cover the cost of the Lakland alone?

I know the responsible thing to do is A:, but
    DAMM do I want that bass. All opinions are welcome.

BTW, I have a retirement fund going here in Georgia, and a ton of inherited Mutual funds from a Grandfather, so retirement money is not an worry. So no-one is allowed to bust my chops about not rolling this money over.:D
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'm gonna have to agree with Cruise on this one. Might as well go ahead and take care of the last purchases before embarking on a new one. No sense in having the other stuff cost more than it needs to with interest.

Sure, it's not the fun answer, but you'll be better off in the long run.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    As much fun as it might be to buy the Warrior remember this... the cost of your Lakland and SWR is continually rising. That can take them from being a great deal to an okay deal to I can't believe I spent this much on this stuff deal.

This has nothing to do with what financial shape you're in... it's about the bottom line on what you (really) spend to get stuff:)

I'm a husband and a dad... this type of rational thinking is a big part of the job. It sucks but someone has to do it;)
  4. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Debt is the cross under which the working man and eventually the governments will buckle.

"A: Take the money and put it towards my credit card debt, which would erase the cost of the Lakland and SWR that I bought a few months ago, and then that much over again on the cards."
  5. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX

Sometimes, I really hate being responsible.

I decided to pass on the Warrior, and put all of the money towards credit card reduction. The funny part of this was I asked a ton of people what they would do, and it was pretty split. Half of the people said to pay off the debt, and the other half said to take the opportunity and buy the bass. In the end, my girlfriend threatening to break both my arms so I could not play the thing if I bought it kind of convinced me.:)

Here is the web page where the bass is listed if anyone is interested. It really needs a good home.

6. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    ...I thought it was a typo when in your 1st post you stated you were looking at a 15 string.......

It is a 15 string !!!!

Cool bass !!!

7. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I would be mostly worried about selling the Warrior. 15 strings probably aren't going to sell very easily. I think it could become a lifetime committment.
  8. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    True, a 15 string would not sell very easily, but if I bought it I do not see myself ever getting rid of it. That bass is so beautiful that if I ever stopped playing I could hang it on the wall and call it art.:p
  9. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, it seems that if you payed your CC bill, you would still have quite a sum left. I don't think that bass will sell very quickly, since it's so excentric.

So, you could start saving again, who knows, perhaps some more will roll in?