1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warrior Soldier Keith Horne Signature bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DEbassist, Jan 17, 2017.

1. DEbassist

DEbassist

Jul 7, 2006
    St. Louis
    Price:
    $1500
    Strings:
    This was my first nice bass about 15 years ago and I have babied this thing. Not a mark on it except for 2 small areas above and below the neck pickup from wear my fingers wore through the finish. A little natural mojo. ;-)

This is a rather rare bird in the Warrior stable. Keith Horne is the bassist for Luke Bryan (and many others) and plays left handed and upside down. This is a right handed version of his original bass and comes with a couple features not found on other Warriors in the "matahorne" inlay at the 23rd fret and brass frets.

I just had this bass set up and gone through with a fine tooth comb 2 weeks ago and she is playing better than ever. My tastes are leaning to more of a vintage tone nowadays and it's time to stock the stable with some axes that better suit my current tastes. Trade interests are list below the spec sheet.

Specs

34 inch scale
    19mm spacing
    Bartolini XJ5 pickups
    Bartolini 3 band preamp with 3 way mid freq selector switch
    Swamp ash body
    Birdseye maple fretboard
    Three piece maple/purple heart/maple neck
    Gold hardware
    Hipshot hardware
    9.5 lbs
    Warrior hardshell case and straplocks included

I'm fairly open as far as trades go. I'm partial to a vintage sound but I'll keep an open mind. Feel free to run anything past me or just buy it outright so I can go shopping. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    GLWTS......Kieth just took a full time gig in Branson btw.

3. DEbassist

DEbassist

Jul 7, 2006
    St. Louis
    Did he really? Where is he going to be playing? That's in my backyard.

4. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    One of the theaters doing one of the 2 hour 5 nights a week shows from what I've been told as a .............. guitar player. Yes, he's crazy good on guitar and pedal steel as well as bass. He's a local guy here in the Richmond area. Until now....

J.KEEFE_bass likes this.
  5. DEbassist

DEbassist

Jul 7, 2006
    St. Louis
    That's awesome. I'll have to go catch him sometime.

6. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    I've chatted with him a few times. He's a nice guy, though I was usually too star-struck to carry on a lot. My drummer was in another band with him up until Keith started his own rock cover/bar band a couple of years ago. Look up Sportsbar Rockstars. They have some videos posted from some local dives. He does a good job singing Josie...among others.
    Edit: It looks like Feb. 11 will be his farewell show here. The Beacon Theater in Hopewell....great venue. We opened up for Marshall Tucker there a few months ago.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  7. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Saw him play twice in a little jazz place in RVA about 30 yrs ago. Impressive. Rumor was he never practiced. That was just A couple miles from where Lindy Fralin was just getting his start.
    Anybody know where Ronnie is.. from Secrets? (Also from the late '80s).... Sorry for the hijack!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Relsom and J.KEEFE_bass like this.
  8. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Yes, Secrets played around town quite a bit....Sam Miller's, The Stonewall Cafe... they were incredible. Lindy is still in town. He started out renting space in a doctor's building on Floyd Ave and eventually moved to Laburnum where he is now.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  9. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Ah, Carter Beauford's old band. Man, Keith is such a monster player, still not as famous as he should be.