Warrior Solider 5 Price Check

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by groovatron, Jan 12, 2015.

1. groovatron

groovatron

Mar 11, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Hey folks, I was hoping you all could help me out......especially those familiar with Warrior basses.

I found a 2001 NAMM Edition Warrior Solider 5 string locally. It has the purpleheart fingerboard, Bart single coil soaps, Bart pre, Ash body, and and a very nice gloss tobacco burst finish. The price is $1500.

Does that sound about right? I have not been able to find much for past sales on that particular model. The bass looks like it has never been played and is 95%+.

Also, I am used to a MM/J (think Lakland) Bart pickup combo. How will these single coil soaps stack up tonally? I don't play with my bass preamp very much live, mostly set and forget with an occasional pan. Just looking for something punchy. I will try before I buy, just figured I'd ask your opinion.

Thanks for helping me out:)

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  3. groovatron

groovatron

Mar 11, 2010
    Chicagoland

Yeah......I would love to have a Roscoe. I'm heading somewhere this weekend to play a few. I just don't think I can swallow a new one........maybe if the right Roscoe shows up in the classifieds. Gotta be speedy though cuz they go quick lol.

4. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    yeah if you see one snatch it up! You might not get a fancy top for $1500, but that's only cosmetic. There were a couple of stellar Roscoe 5's in the classifieds for $1400-ish recently, of course they are gone now :)

groovatron likes this.
  5. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I should add, Warriors are killer as well. Definitely not a thing wrong with them! If it speaks to you, grab it!

6. groovatron

groovatron

Mar 11, 2010
    Chicagoland

Definitely! I will be playing several Warriors and Roscoes this weekend so all the internet hype will turn into my own reality:)

I haven't bought a new bass since '06 so I'm pretty excited:)

7. Try out the Warrior first! I bought one used some years ago without testing it. Biggest mistake i have made. It was the most horrible bass for the prize. Looked nice tho. There were finish flaws, glue in the fingerboard, it didnt really resonate. Really dull sound. it had EMG pickups but i felt the preamp just made them sound horrible. I know for sure that this isnt the case with most of the Warriors, but just to be sure. Cos I have heard really mixed comments on warrior also.

groovatron likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021