Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WARRIOR VS. SPECTOR

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Plantman, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Plantman

Plantman

Feb 5, 2001
    WANTING TO GET A NEW BASS. AM TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN AN AMERICAN MADE SPECTOR NS-4 OR A WARRIOR CHUCK RAINEY SIGNATURE MODEL. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERICENCES, OPINIONS THAT COULD SWAY ME ONE WAY OR THE OTHER? THANKS

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    YEAH!!! STOP YELLIN'!!!

Typing in all caps is really annoying.

Here's a question for you: have you tried either bass? Their definitely not similar, though both are very well known for being made very well. You might find that you're in one "camp" or the other, which may help you make up your mind.

If you haven't tried either, you could be asking for trouble buying a bass, particularly one that expensive, without ever playing it first to see if it'd be a good fit for ya'!

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    GOod advice but I would still get the Spector anyway. :)

Really, I've never tried a Warrior or ever seen one for that matter, but USA Spectors are SUPER basses. They sound great, play great and are beautiful.

4. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    Spector all the way. Your basses are nice. I have a 1994 SSD Prototype, 1 of 4 made, a Great Bass!
    If you havent tried or heardof Kubiki basses you must try one, they are also a work of art.

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    If you can,try both basses Iv'e played both models and their both descent but it sincerly comes down to what you are looking for and would the choice be a respectfully keen thought out decision.I couldn't tell you the one to get that is solely up to you.