Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warts!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McCalister999, Sep 25, 2005.

1. I hate warts! I'm trying to burn mine off now, but they just seem to get even weirder looking. Any wart stories out there?

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    My friend was a swimmer, always had em regularly. public pools :meh:

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I had a huge plantar's wart on my foor once.. got it frozen, and it didn't get rid of it completely, so I kinda dug out the rest..

It left a crater in my foot for a week or so that I could stick a finger in!!!

4. I had this little wart in the crook of my elbow. I had it burned off with liquid nitrogen. I have a massive scar the size of a quarter. It's nastier than the little wart.

5. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    go to a dermatologist and have them remove them. I have one on my neck i'm getting lopped off on friday.

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I've got one on my knee that I've tried 3 times to take off with Compound W. It gets most of it, but it keeps coming back.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I hope you meant to type "foot" and not "floor."

I've had two plantars warts on my foot at different times. One of them got huge. Had them both burned out.

brad cook

8. I have type II diabetes so I have had a planters wart or two on my feet, it's common among us diabetics. Mine were very small but they are persistent and come back.

Here is the thing with Planters warts, You don't actually try to freeze them off, you will damage your skin that way. Planters warts are actually a virus that tricks you immunity system in a way as not to detect them. What you (or your doctor) do is freeze just the outer layer of skin, it will damage just that layer of skin, your immunity system will react to the damage and heal the skin and get rid of the planters wart as a result. Look mom, no scars! :D The down side is it usually will take more than one treatment. Well....that's how it worked for me anywho. :smug:

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I went to a podiatrist for my first one and he removed it entirely. It was deep and he used some kind of thing that would create a little blue spark at the tip. My second one was smaller and was done by a regular family practice doc with the freezing stuff.

brad cook

10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The best way to remove warts.
    [​IMG]

11. Bently

Bently Guest

Jul 3, 2005
    Saltillo, Mississippi
    I had warts on my hands, just used Wartner (freezes em) and they came right off. It said leave it on for 10 seconds, had to leave it on for like a minute to work.

12. Yes, there is defiantly more one way to skin a planters wart. When I was young a friend of mine had them surgically removed. Painful, and she was in a wheel chair for the first couple of days because they were on both feet. I don't think they do that anymore. Not since lasers and what not. I think if they get aggressive, so will the treatment. So far I have not been there. Try google with "planters wart" and you will see some nasty stuff.

The smaller ones will get a treatment of nitrous oxide (I think) that freezes the skin. I started to treat them on my own with a Dr. Scholl's kit, and what I mentioned above is what my doc told me. It did the trick.

13. +1, word for word. I had one for about a year and finally got sick of it and had it frozen off. I then had to dig it out a little and it finally went away.

14. My drummer gets warts all the time. He has at least 2 pieces of duct tape on each of his fingers. Usually different ones each time i see him. Apparently that works for him, but I wouldn't know. I suggest using one of the methods mentioned above.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Actually the method you mentioned is why some people say that duct tape works on warts. Something about the glue that makes it stick causing your body's immune system to react against the wart.

brad cook

16. By this point, I would expect some mention of duct tape as a remedy; and it has been mentioned. But no one has actually yet come out with personal story of using it and it working, and that surprises me.

Duct tape is (IMHO) by far the most intelligent, and effective ways of getting rid of those warts on the bottom of your feet (or plantar or whatever). I speak from experience too by the way. I got the wart a couple of years ago when I went out for the high school swim team. I picked out layers from it from time to time for about a year. When it kept on getting bigger and slightly spreading, I got the area frozen. The treatment didn't work, even when I occasionally put on duct tape over it.

They key is to keep duct tape on it everyday for atleast 6 hours. It's not that its ineffective, its just that the wart needs to be constantly choked by the chemicals. It only surpresses the wart if you only put on the duct tape until it starts shrrinking.

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The wart doesn't get "choked" by the chemicals. It triggers an autoimmune response.

brad cook

18. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    scissors work good for me also a razor blade if there tuff

19. I had some warts on my knee when I was a kid. After a few treatments of liquid nitrogen didn't work, we spent some money and got laser removal. Most were gone within weeks, and one more treatment took care of the few that survived.

20. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    I thought duct tape killed warts because it dried them out? and I just continually chopped mine off with scissors, not very fun though