Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwicik or other basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jayscott, Jul 27, 2002.

1. I play in a nu metal band that tunes down quite a bit .My bass istuned gcgcf.My ? is will a warwick thumb bass work well for me or does anyone have any other suggestions Thanks

2. The only thing I know about nu metal bass players is that many of them plays Warwicks, so the answer to your question is probably: "yes, a Thumb would suit you like hand in glove." If you like its feel and sound, that is.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Your low B string is tuned down to G? Might as well get a low F# string at that point. A standard B string would probably be pretty floppy tuned that low, unless you have a really sturdy neck or one with a 35" or 36" scale, which you can get a Thumb in.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

He's probably either playing Mudvayne covers, or is influenced by Ryan Martinie.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sometimes the sound of floppy strings is what you want. Im not sure if that is his case though.

Either way, a thumb should be good, but an other basses that could be good is the Stingray 5.

I think you should try out both and see which one is better voiced to what you do.

Peace
    Nick