Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick #2 SECURED!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Sep 11, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    [​IMG]

Just "won" this off eBay. it's a 98 so it's got all the goodies like the brass nut and wenge neck.

one thing i just thought of though...does this kind of look like a broadneck to you guys or no?

[​IMG]

i've compared pictures and can't tell for the life of me. did they even make broadnecks in 98?

either way, i'm very excited. :D :D

2. Niiiice.. verrrry niiice :D

can't wait to get a thumb myself.. :)

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! Congrats!

4. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yarghh! :p Glad ya got it, buddy. Very nice bass, I had my eye on it as well. That neck looks wide as an aircraft carrier landing strip, but it must sound like a dream. Have fun with it! And give sample clips! :D

5. Yeah, I can't wait to get a Thumb.

6. that neck is wider than both of my Warwicks put together!

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice bass

That neck looks HUGE!!!!!!!!
    I bet that puppy weigths a TON:D

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

i really think it's just an optical illusion...because the body is so tiny...

i hope....

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Oo, very nice! Time to fish out that fretless article in Warwick's Bass Survival 101, eh? :cool:

The neck looks wide to my eye, but then again it's 6-string and Thumbs are known for their small bodies. Broadneck-option is available for BOs only, though, and I have always thought that it's quite new option - then again I might be wrong.

10. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Congrats! Looks very nice indeed!

Are you going to change your name now? :)

11. I remember the neck on the Streamer LX 6 fretless that I owned looking pretty wide even though it was not a broadneck. If I recall, it had 16.5 mm spacing.

I'm glad to see that you finally got yourself a fretless Warwick! Maybe I can sleep a little better now. : )

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, right on, man! i just checked e-bay to see if you won it. let us know how it turns out...i'm sure that didn't need to be said, though...i asked the guy if it was a broadneck, and he said no, so that's actually 16.5mm string spacing at the bridge. the bolt on thumbs have a smaller body than the through neck bodies...and the shape is a little different as well. not much, but a tad...

13. Sound samples please!!! :D

14. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    neptoon, you just made me a happy man. i would have been hurtin i think if it was a broad neck. (btw that was a very noble thing letting me win it. next time i make cupcakes i will fedex you one ;) you are a true bass dude.)

i think that the bolt on bodies actually have a bigger body than the nt's. (i used to have an n/t by the way) because the NT has 26 frets yet they both have the bottom cutaway hit 2 frets from the end of the board...but again...optical illusion?

it's a bolt on, by the way, and i'll post sound samples as soon as i get her.

da5id, yeah you're safe now ;)

all right, now that my question has been answered i'm off to go reassure warwick #1 that she's still my main girl.

15. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    tasty.. I'm not a warwick lover... they just don't feel right to me.. but they do sound great.. I wanna hear some clips when you get her in

16. Wow, the grain on that thumb is amazing!

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Cool bass!

18. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    WoW!

Nice bass Warwick5S!

I´m sure you´ll enjoy it! :)

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, no prollem, dude...i already have a fretted n/t warwick thumb 6 ;) the body is actually huge for a thumb, though. lookin' forward to that cupcake :D i like the pink frosting