Warwick 2010 Rockbasses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VincentGrim, Mar 12, 2010.

1. VincentGrim

VincentGrim Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Simple question that I can't seem to find an answer for. Do they capture "that famous warwick growl"? Or are they a whole different animal?

2. I haven't played one but for the asking price they better be pretty close (Considering they are made in China).

3. quigg

quigg

Jul 27, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    I bought a $$ corvette rockbass, it sounds great. The setup on the one that I got sucked and I needed to adjust it. After that it's been smooth sailing.

4. That is good to hear, I have been looking at those $$ Rockbasses. Although for their asking price new you can find Warwick Corvette $$ on E-Bay if you don't mind them having taken kind of a beating. (Is it just me or do used Warwicks always seem to be VERY used compared to other manufacturers.)

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Warwicks have a different type of finish than most manufacturers. They dont have paint, but are oiled in a sense, making the wood grain be felt.

"The sound of wood" is their motto for a reason. ;)

6. I figure it probably also has to do with their use in metal... as the Nirvana Black finishes always seem to have been hit by the storm the hardest.

7. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    You can really feel the grain in those, thats how they are made.

I really can't wait for the Zender Rockbass.

8. i think the mec pickups give plenty of warwick sound. the woods arent as exotic, but from what i have played, they sound very good

9. I recently grabbed a Warwick Rockbass Corvette off the wall at a local GC. At first take. pardoning any setup issues, I really believed it was a Germany production Warwick, but after a few runs up/down the fretboard my senses detected something was off so I looked at the headstock and noticed the tiny Rockbass name on the truss rod cover. I prefer to test run basses by playing unplugged for a good indication of acoustic tone, then inspect the build quality and lastly amplified sound. This bass had the Warwick sound unplugged and amplified, but the feel was a bit off yet still a very good bass.

10. Robotsatemygma

Robotsatemygma

Jan 17, 2010
    When I tried out the Roackbasses I was turned off by the neck. Seemed like a baseball bat with strings, but still had comfortable playability. Go fig. ;)

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021