1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick 5 string Nut

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by norz81, Mar 6, 2013.

1. norz81

norz81

Mar 30, 2008
    Hello

I've restrung my 5 string Warwick so that the strings are E-C. This has caused a buzzing at the nut. I've checked all the alternatives with the headstock, strings etc.

I definitely need a a new nut, (I currently have the one that came with the bass, Adjust a nut II).

Could anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement nut that would fit the new string tuning for my bass?

I live in Manchester, England. But of course, if there's an online dealer that would deliver...

Thanks in advance
    Norz

2. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Did you try adjusting the nut itself? Unless the nut is cracked somewhere and that's what's buzzing, it shouldn't be a problem. I had a Streamer LX 5 with a brass just-a-nut and restrung it E-C and didn't have any issues. Just a quick adjustment to get the action set, and it was solid. I guess if it's still buzzing and adjusting it doesn't fix it, then I would recommend the brass just-a-nut (make sure you get the right size, so if your bass is a broadneck you need the appropriate nut). It's solid, I can verify it works with E-C tuning, and it looks great too.

3. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
  5. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    I have had this buzzing problem occasionally with my Corvette Std 5 string, but found out the culprit was actually the truss rod cover. It's worth checking to see if that is causing the buzzing issue.