1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick 7-string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Roland777, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Roland777

Roland777

Jun 1, 2006
    Sweden
    I was in Germany this summer and checked out a few gear-stores. I stumbled upon what seemed to be a Warwick 7-string. Unfortunately, impatience on behalf of the at the time selfish company rendered me unable to play it. However, I am confident that the bass I saw was a 7-string, and almost equally confident that it was a Warwick. Does anyone have any information on what I saw? :p

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Their custom shop has made 12's before, so it's possible.

3. Though I don't know what you saw, I know that Warwick builds basses with seven strings on special order basis.

4. CBBass123

CBBass123 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    I would love to see a pic of that!!

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    This might just end up like the Fender 7-string I saw :p

6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    I believe their custom shop offers the option so who knows...

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Stranger things have happened!

I remember seeing a green-stained double neck Thumb (for sale on Ebay I'm sure!), so I'm quite confident that 7 string Warwicks exist.

8. I was hoping to find at least one picture of a seven string Warwick at the custom shop section of the German site (warwick.de), but didn't find any. Then I checked the price list at the Swedish distributor, and found that you can indeed get a seven string Warwick, based on a six string, for an upcharge of roughly 7 500 SEK (which is just a wee bit more than what a five string Rockbass Vampyre lists for, just to give you an idea of the cost).

9. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Warwick7.gif

10. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    now thats just not fair!!!

11. Bassossorus

Bassossorus

Oct 21, 2004
    CHICAGO
    hahaha, i mean i guess it would be cool. But can you imagine how heavy a warwick 7 string would be!! :D

12. Oh I want one.

13. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    a vocalist that i play with talks about a guy that moved to france that she knew that plays a 7 string Warwick

Dave

14. I think I dislocated my shoulder thinking about lifting this! Nice graphics, though.

15. bluetiejeeper

bluetiejeeper

Oct 24, 2006
    danville CA
    thats going to be one heavy mother

16. Fathand

Fathand 21st Century Distortion Man Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2005
    Finland
    A 7-stringed Bubinga/Wenge neckthrough Warwick.... ouch. I can imagine Atlas had one of those on his shoulders. :D

17. Man, that was a disappointment. I was thinking it would be a real 10 string not a 5 string with octave strings. :meh: :crying:

18. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K

+1

Dave

19. apologies for that. it didn't look as impressive as first thought.