1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warwick '96 Corvette Proline Wenge Neck Active Electronics MIG

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Jun 8, 2016.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price:
    Strings:
    Price dropped to $749 or best. This has to go!

For sale or trade is my Warwick Corvette Proline made in Germany and dated 1996, Warwick's golden era when basses were mostly handmade and featured many fine appointments.

This is the first year that Warwick reintroduced the Corvette Proline as a "deluxe" and high end version of the Corvette (in prior years the Proline was simply a standard 'Vette with an ash body). As such, the bass is appointed with a thin neck profile, gold hardware, and MEC active electronics.

This bass is an absolute gem, a shining example of how Warwick made boutique quality instruments back in the day that can be had at very affordable prices. and one that I have put off parting with but I am playing mostly 5 strings nowadays so the time has come.

As for the bass, this is Warwick's take on the venerable Jazz bass. Two J pickups are mounted right where you would expect them. The body wood is ovangkol. The neck and fingerboard are wenge. The frets are bell brass. The nut is adjustable. The tone is unbelievable! Think Thumb bass meets Jazz bass.

Electronics are tasteful and intuitive. There is a volume with push pull to bypass active electronics, a blend, and a stacked bass and treble knob that controls the 2 band EQ.

The bass is in excellent condition. The only issue cosmetically are three small sections that appear as cracked due to the wenge drying. These are not structural however and are not very pronounced as the pictures show. This is how the bass came to me and it has been the same every since.

Now asking $SOLD shipped CONUS OBO, add $25 to ship to PST or MST time zones. Comes with a gig bag.

As for trades, I am interested in the following plus cash from you or me where appropriate:

-MIM DLX J V
    -MM USA SUB5
    -5 string warwicks
    -5 string Stingrays
    -Heartfield DR5
    -Heartfield DR6
    -Ibanez USA ATK
    -Bunker / PBC
    -Yamaha BB5000A
    -Lakland Skyline 55-02
    -Compelling high end 5 strings in this price point

Slideshow link is below. Feel free to PM any questions or offers. Thanks!

Corvette Active Proline MIG 96 Slideshow by Roger Miller

IMG_0645.JPG

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    bass10bfb and Orange Caesar like this.
  2. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Bump for another nice Warwick out of your stable. Still kick myself for missing that sunburst LX a while back.

rogerbmiller likes this.
  3. rolorocknerd

rolorocknerd

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas
    I have a stingray 5 I would trade you for this.

rogerbmiller likes this.
  4. lifeoffroadbass

lifeoffroadbass

Aug 7, 2013
    You mean this sunburst LX

Attached Files:

rogerbmiller likes this.
  5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Oh man I just noticed you dropped Aggies in there. They must sound fantastic.

Did you also change the preamp?

6. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    I had a 97' Vette for a few years, these are the last of the "Great" Basses made by Warwick, things really changed in 99+

rogerbmiller likes this.
  7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Yep. For the many thousands of dollars you would pay Warwick for a new German Vette these days you would think they would at least flush mount the straplocks!

8. lifeoffroadbass

lifeoffroadbass

Aug 7, 2013
    Just the pickups so far. They sound great. I love em. I plan to swap the pre-amp one day for an obp3. It's good to hear from you again.

rogerbmiller likes this.
  9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    This is still available. I have my eyes on a really nice 5-er up here on the boards so this has to go. All offers considered.

etherealme likes this.
  10. These truly are great basses, I own a similar '96 Corvette Standard with passive electronics and it is my go to bass when recording. The ones from this era sound and play fantastic.

rogerbmiller likes this.
  11. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I love my passive one too. Never recorded with it but I have found it is a great live bass with flats or semi flats. Really soulful.

This one has that same warmth but with more punch when you want it from the active electronics. If you want to go passive there is the push/pull bypass switch which I have used in live environments!

This Vette is kinda like a Warwick Thumb meets a Fender Jazz bass. Very cool.

12. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Basspluckers.com
    Pmd

13. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Still here and still interested in trades...

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020