1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warwick AC Artist Modded to a Streamer... LOOK!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:38 AM.

1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Price:
    $925
    Strings:
    United States
    Streamer with a Maple board????

Yep, I did it again. Took an ordinary bass and made it superb. I LOVE maple boards and this is straight and true.

Many of you know my mod/repair/build work, this one is no exception!

You wont believe the passive tone from this bass!

This is obviously a standard Adam Clayton Signature Precision model. I've always wanted to try a Streamer P/J and so I modded this into one as they're hard to find w/a Maple fretboard. Why pay up to $2400+ when I can have basically the same bass w/a Blocked Maple board? Sweet looking bass!

While I was getting all the parts together, I ordered a Bartolini HR-3.3AP/918 for this mod but it didn't need it. The finished product has surpassed my expectations in Passive mode! V-B-T-Bl
    Pots are nice and smooth with a nice 'click' in the middle.

Weight is a 8.5lbs on a postal scale. LOW action and superb playability, all styles.

* Swapped chrome Chinese hardware with true Warwick German Black ordered direct
    * Frets were checked, leveled and crowned
    * Action @ 12th fret: 1.25mm top 3 and 1.5mm E string, (NO fret buzz so it can go lower)
    * Routed in the bridge spot w/Conductive shielding paint, (same spot as a Streamer LX).
    * Added a MEC passive blend pot
    * Black knobs/pickguard screws
    * Bartolini 8CBP neck position
    * Bartolini 9CBJD-LN1 bridge position
    * Professional dress and setup
    * Original wooden thumb rest included
    * Ships in a nice Sterling gig bag

The tuners were a small challenge. Holes were slightly smaller than the German ones and the headstock is also slightly slimmer than the German model. I gently enlarged the holes in the back where needed and fit the tuners. Nice and tight fit, no issues.

This was a really fun project with a few challenges that make every one special. I dig this stuff and will continue to build and mod, keepers or not.

I'm only selling to pay for some other parts for Warmoth Dinky Black n Maple build that I just finished.
    (I also have way too many basses atm for a non-gigging player). More FS items on the way... Check my sig from time to time.

* $925 plus $75 shipping East of the Mississippi and Chicago area. Western states add $50

* Price is firm considering the all the costs, time and professional labor/setup involved.

If this doesn't sell I might post up my new Warmoth build. It's a buyers market but I'm not taking another beating on anything. My work speaks volumes.

THanks for looking, enjoy!

IMG_4116.JPG IMG_4114.JPG IMG_4111.JPG IMG_4110.JPG IMG_4115.JPG IMG_0126.jpeg IMG_0140.jpeg IMG_0161.jpeg

Attached Files:

MascisMan, theRocco, Jazzish and 4 others like this.
  2. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Really like this!

JeffJ2112 and xhawk5 like this.
  3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thanks! I do too. It's quite unique!

4. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member