Warwick amps and cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Berten, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Berten

Jun 6, 2002

I just noticed that warwick amps and cabs aren't that expensive in europe...but are they any good? Who uses them and what are your comments? I'm especially interessed in the extreme head and the 411 cabs.

2. I don't know if you're into metal, but the guy in USA metalcore outfit Unearth uses the extreme head together with some warwick cabinets. I read this in some guitarworld bass magazine, a couple of months ago.

The extreme head sure does look interesting, considering the power, options and price in Europe. There's not that many people using these amps. Warwick's amplifiers ain't that popular compared to their much beloved bass guitars... I wonder why though since Warwick/Framus/Rockbag (all the same company) makes quality products.
  3. Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    i never had a warwick but in german discussion boards many people like the 411. Also many say their cabs have a characteristic sound you either like or not.
  4. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Warwick heads sound pretty amazing, especially for the price (They're cheap here in Aus too). Their cabs coupled with their heads give a nice deep growl. Nice and punchy, with a full warwick rig, your talking big growl.
  5. Hiya i used to own a warwick 411 cabinet. It was very nice sounding cab. Im not sure how to describe the sound But i found that comparing it to my Aguilar gs-112 the warwick lacked some clarity but good, quality overal cab.

I also own one there warwick profett IV head. The head has plenty of power and the 9 band eq and the low, mid and high boost gives the user a lot of scope to find there sound. Im sure the extreme is a lot better head compared to profett IV.

When i was buying the warwick equipment it kinda put me of that i wasnt hearing much good stuff about them. I hope this helps :)
  6. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    Can somebody say that what are the differences between the 410 and cabs? The 410:s are very affordable here in Europe.