1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick amps with warwick basses

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gambisk, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Hey has anyone had any experience with using warwick amps with a warwick bass? what sort of tones/sounds were you able to get from it? also which model were you using?

Thanks

2. IME they do sound good together and get very gowly

3. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    Well,
    You may like warwick basses and I appreciate them as much as any other dude, but I can't at all say the same about their amps and cabs after some experiences I've had!
    I played some gigs in clubs and at festivals with warwicks there so I figured I won't take my amp for the plain fact that I wanted to savesome cash.
    I figured warwick is a good company, it can't get that bad!I mean, I don't like ampeg, but I don't complain playng on SVTs!:D
    But for their prices they are a load of ****!
    The good ones cost way too much.
    In any case, in that proce range there's a variety of better amps.

in my opinion ofcourse

4. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I have a Warwick but no Warwick amp... but I know an album which John Pena, endorsed by Warwick, plays on:

candyman.

Steve Lukather - Candyman

This album is according to the booklet recorded almost entirely "live in studio". I'm not sure John uses a Warwick amp on the record, but at least he does it on a live DVD I also have, where they play several of these songs. It's called Steve Lukather & Los Lobotomys - In Concert. I recommend both. There's some serious playing and some IMO great songs.

5. Billy Low

Billy Low

Apr 14, 2003
    Chicago
    Sandberg Guitars
    Not too high on the Warwick amps. But to be fair, I played through a cab that was not too my liking much either. Not that I'm bashing the product, just not my cup o tea. At the prices that their asking, I should get more.